Sign in to follow this  

will the crf 250x be good for me ??

i am 15 turning 16 in a month and i am pretty short but i know i can sit on one.. so will i be able to ride it with ease or not??

fun bikes,sold mine and got a KDX,having much more fun now,cant wait till i get the 300exc

Easy to ride but body size is more important than age. My son is 15 and he is very short and weighs about 90 lbs. He has friends who are 6'0 and 200 lbs. 15 is rough age.

Depends. How tall are you? I'm 15 and 5 foot 11 and I ride a wr250f, which is a little taller I think. The most general rule is: if you can tiptoe it, you can ride.

170 cm is a little over 5' 6". That may be a little on the short side for a 250x, but it really depends on your current skill level. If you are already a competent rider, you may be fine. But if you are a beginner, I think you might really struggle.

My son moved from a crf230 to a crf250x just before he turned 16, but he is 6' 4" and has been riding since he was 8. So the transition was pretty easy for him. Even with a tall seat he can put both feet flat on the ground.

crf's are some of the smallest 250f's I have ridden, I think the bike will be perfect for you.

im 5'7" i could sit the bike with the balls of my feet on the ground,well maybe closer to the toes than the balls of my feet,but not tippy toed,at 5'6" you will be on your tippy toes,i also have a 30"inseam wich actually makes more of a difference than your overall hight

I was riding my dad's '04 CR125 when I was 10, I could barely touch the ground if i were leaning a ways, and it was loads of fun. I got a CRF250X when I was 12, an RM250 when I was 14, and a CRF450R when I was 15. Im 16 6'3" and 200 lbs now. I was probably 5'10" 160lbs when I got the 250X. I guess my point from all this is, go for it! You won't regret it, you will grow into it too