Sign in to follow this  

1993 Dr 350s carb

Ok, so after the bike got stolen and I got it back, everything was running great. I started having some problems with getting it to run from startup, bogging when cold, dying when you hit the throttle, so I think it might be time to do a carb cleaning. Don't think it had been done since it was new. I got into the carb and started removing all the little parts I could, except one of the air jets at the bottom of the intake would not come out, also, pilot jet, I think, would not come out either and now the slot where you put the screwdriver is boogered and I can't get a grip. I know, my fault, Any ideas on how to get them out short of buying a new pumper from Jessie? Thought of left hand drill bits and ez-outs, but not sure if they make them that small And help would be great:foul::thumbsup:

Ok, So I get that NOOBODY has ever had this problem before and all jets and screws in your carbs come out with the greatest of ease. BS aside, anybody have any suggestions?

What I usually do (it's happened more than once for me..) is drill a hole and hammer in a torx for a real tight fit. Undo and replace. Although it might not be the best idea for the tiny and somewhat soft metal pieces inside a carburrettor..? I've never tried that, just so we're clear on that.