why did i break my wrist?

last saturday I was hitting my 50ft table top in my back yard that I have hit 100 times, i decided to make a shorter run at it to see if I could still clear it, next thing I know I am totally sideways in the air try to decide to bail or try to ride away.... not sure what choice i picked cause neither worked:banghead:. what did i do wrong? there is only one rut cut into the face, I had good position, knees tight on the tank. the only thing I did different was accelerated harder coming up to the jump, the divits in the ground clearly show I didnt come up short, the tail just got kicked way out to the side and I was not ready for it at all. I have gotten sideways a little, only once have they made me crash bad on sand track jumps before but never really on a good solid dirt jump. hey but I got a free screw that I get to keep in my left wrist forever!

I think the rear end just decided to hit the rut and scoot sideways. It happens to the best riders, just ask Chad Reed about Milleville.

Did you even se the crash?? it had nothing to do with the rear tire. Reed hit a square edge bump and it ripped the bars sideways, everything elce followed and he launched.

Considering I LINKED the video, I have seen it. I saw it live (on TV) and a ton afterwards.

The more throttle/shorter run-up comment of the OP just made think of the vid. It was the only difference in his laps.

Yeah Chad's front end got away from him, but after he hit the rut and got destabilized the rear of the bike went sideways (to the right). Since he was full throttle he was essentially steering with the rear tire, which was pointing in the wrong direction leading to a crash. That's how it looked to me at least and thought it might be relevant.