Sign in to follow this  

Go Pro corrupted video question...

So I have a Go Pro hero HD and I have used a kingston 2gig SD card in it since i got the camera about a year ago. Well somehow, the SD card met my Dachshund and well the card lost the battle. So I borrowed another one from a friend, and I took some videos. Well when I went to upload the vids onto my mac, it gives me an error along the lines of "Cant upload the video because there was a problem own lading an image." So I looked up the error and found that Go Pros don't work well with LEXAR brand SD cards, which is the kind I borrowed. I have already ordered a the card tat is recommended by Go Pro, but I was wondering of any of you knew if there is someway to see the videos, or is it just too much trouble and should I just forget about them? I have seen some programs that claim to retrieve corrupted mp4 files, but I haven't found any that work well with macs. Any Tips/info/ideas?

Are you trying to load the vids from the camera, or do you have a card reader on your comp that you can use? Being a Mac I have no idea of the tricks and triggers, but if available, you might try the card reader route.

Don't know about the Lexar cards, but I use a cheapy 8GB card (PN) that I got at Wal Mart in my HD. No problems with my PC.

Yes I do have a card reader built in, and thats what I always use to upload the videos. I am no longer going to use this card, I would just like to see the videos I took. Ill keep trying.