Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock clicking noise!

i have a 2004 crf250r and i am hearing a clicking noise from the rear end of my bike. I just had my shock rebulit but the noise was there before i sent it. I dont know whats wrong. it feels like the front half of my bike moves while the rear half doesnt move. here is a video link to a video i made to demonstrate what is happening.

I hope it helps. leave a comment on the video or on this thread. thanks for the help! =)

Linkage bearings. look for slop at the pivot points as you move the wheel with your hand.

A bearing rebuild kit. I use either stock (expensive) or Pivot Works (less expensive). I personally would stay away from All Balls kits (crap!). It sounds like one or more of your bearings is dead.

Last year at the end of the season I noticed a clicking coming from the rear end of my YZ 250. It turned out to be two things. One, Bearings: the top and bottom bearings on my shock where hooped as well, I had play in my swingarm bearings. The second thing was that I was hearing my chain slapping. I checked it for tightness and it was within limits, but right on the high side of things. Tightened it up to the short side of the limits and between the two, the click went away. I used both all balls as well as pivot works, and they have lasted a full season so far.

The bug

i think you all are right. its an 04 so i have been dealing with a lot of problems. i guess i have to go buy 150 dollars worth of bearings.....YIPEEE! LOL! thanks for all of your input. Much appreciated.