Sign in to follow this  

09 kx 250, set race sag now i endo on jumps

first off i'm a bigger guy, 6'3" and 230lbs

when i first got the bike it was still stock setup, i set my race sag right about 4" which involved cranking the rear shock nuts down quite a bit.

now it seems like i come off just endoing more than usual. mind you when it comes to hitting jumps and this bike i do not have much experience. so i'm trying to figure out if i am making body position mistakes or if i need to do something with my forks? i think it is a combo of the two.

my fork seals have been seeping so at some point this winter i am going to rebuild the forks. until then can i maybe give it less rebound damping so maybe it will give the front end a little more kick?

I'm not a racer nor do i plan to do any racing, so i'd like to keep from spending a ton of money on the suspension. it doesn't have to be perfect, just better than it is now. i don't eve plan on jumping anything over 50-60ft

you need stiffer springs front and rear 5.6 rear and 0.47 forks STD is 5.0 rear and 0.45 forks

yea, you need stiffer springs, but until you get them, you can turn the rebound adjuster on the shock in a little. i would start with 10 clicks from fully seated. see if that'll help a bit. you may have to go in to 8. if the shock rebound is too fast, you will have the endo condition off the jump face. if the bike wheelies in the air, the reb is too slow.

well where is a good place to get springs?

call FC they are the best with spring rates. i wouldnt ride that bike till you do your not even in the ball park.

you need stiffer springs front and rear 5.6 rear and 0.47 forks STD is 5.0 rear and 0.45 forks

STD over in the US is 5.2 in the rear

diverse sell great springs at a great price

well where is a good place to get springs?

pm me. i've got several used springs, and i test everyone for correct rates.👍