Sign in to follow this  

New addition to the family!

My son will be happy at least. :worthy:

2007 85 SX. Bike was bought new in 2010, ridden a handful of times around the house and parked. 👍

Will be spending the next few weeks getting it set up and adding some necessary hardware and possibly some graphics. will post pics, better pics. :ride:

Only thing wrong is the bars are bent slightly.

2007_85_SX.jpg

85_SX_engine_LS.jpg

SX_85_engine_RS.jpg

Looks like a super nice ride. I don't know how old your son is but that would have been an awesome bike to ride as a kid! I was tooling around on a CT70 at 14 trying to ride it like a motorcross bike!

Thanks guys. Basically, the bike is new. No wear anywhere, brake pads, tires, filter, everything is brand new. Still had the original oil in the case and it didn't look that bad. Kid broke his collarbone 3rd time out and that was it, and it was only ridden around the house.

My son is 10, and yes he is stoked, pushing me to get off this computer and get it ready so he can ride it. LOL

I'd be itching to ride it myself. A

Ways wanted something similar when I was a kid but I had to use dads ol Honda 90.

haha, me too. I was about his age, maybe just a little older when the mono link susp hit the market. Dang, those CR's with the little wheels and all that space between the tires and fenders looked wicked!! I dreamed about riding them along the rode as I rode in the car. Never got one, only an ol dual shocked XL100.

It's my time now, and luckily, his too!

A couple of laps and he was in a groove already. I will post some pics tomorrow, and maybe a vid if I can figure out how.

Basically, the bike is new. No wear anywhere, brake pads, tires, filter, everything is brand new. Still had the original oil in the case and it didn't look that bad. Kid broke his collarbone 3rd time out and that was it, and it was only ridden around the house.

Well that explains why it looks like new... unfortuanly the PO was not ready for the power of the little 85... Those bikes are so much fun to ride... All that power is a little package...👍

So who has the bigger smile, dad or junior???

Bike looks MINT for an '07,nice purchase and have fun.
good deal......nothing like riding with the son.

Joe

Well that explains why it looks like new... unfortuanly the PO was not ready for the power of the little 85... Those bikes are so much fun to ride... All that power is a little package...👍

So who has the bigger smile, dad or junior???

Thanks!

Funny thing is the PO was 16 when it was bought. He was skinny and likely too tall, but good weight wise. It has been sitting for some time. It has more riding on it now than it ever has. :ride: Cherry busted!

eprovnezano, I believe he has the bigger smile at the moment.

Question to those that are familiar with them: Good idea to go +2 on the rear sprocket for offroad work? Seems geared a little tall.

SawSX8510-15-11.jpg

I am enjoying setting it up and watching him ride for sure. Swapped my bars over to it this eve and will be adding some frame guards and skid plate soon. Also will be likely adding some reasonable graphics soon as well.

fatbarsfront85.jpg

"eprovnezano, I believe he has the bigger smile at the moment", you say that to us, but, you know you have that big grin under the surface... you know the one... Oh yea, that's my son :ride::worthy:..

All joking aside, there is nothing like wrenching on a bike with your child. Its time well spent, knowledge is passed, you get to learn a little more about your child, and in the end it's priceless. 👍

Good luck with the bike, it looks like he's having a ball...

Dang, thats a nice ride. How tall and how much does your son weigh? I want to get an 85 for my son's next bike. He is 10, but on the small side. One of those would be a hand full for my son.

Having a ball for sure. He's ready for some more difficult terrain now.

Ncbiker, he weighs about 100 lbs at 10, maybe 4.5' tall or so. He can tippy toe the ground. I haven't moved the forks up yet, but goung to.

The 85, imho, is easier to ride than the 65. Has a broader power band and doesn't hit as hard. It is just a matter of being tall enough. My son said that every aspect of the bike is smoother, from rolling over obstacles with the bigger wheels, more travel, to the power. Let me know, maye we can arrange a ride and let him try it.

Wow, what a dream bike for a kid! Good on you for allowing your son to be able to experience things that you only dreamed about as a kid.

Ncbiker, he weighs about 100 lbs at 10, maybe 4.5' tall or so. He can tippy toe the ground. I haven't moved the forks up yet, but goung to.

The 85, imho, is easier to ride than the 65. Has a broader power band and doesn't hit as hard. It is just a matter of being tall enough. My son said that every aspect of the bike is smoother, from rolling over obstacles with the bigger wheels, more travel, to the power. Let me know, maye we can arrange a ride and let him try it.

Thank you for the offer, but we will have to wait a little while. I am certain my son would not be able to touch the ground if your son is tippy toe. My boy weighs in at 61 lbs and at least a half a head shorter than most of his 10 year old friends. Being shorter and not heavy enough to compress the shocks would make that bike huge for him I suspect.

In any event, we need to get the boys out and ride sometime soon. I feel like I need to mention he has grown quite a bit and on a different bike than the pic in my avatar. 👍