Sign in to follow this  

What bar position are you guys running?

Trying to sort out my 2010 530 EXC and not sure I have the bars in the optimum position. I'm 6' tall and my riding is split about 50/50 between standing and sitting. I currently have the bars in the #2 position. Before I go switching the bars around to experiment, just curious what others have found to work best.

So, with position 1 being the closest to the rider and position 4 being the furthest, what are you running? Please include your height.

Thanks.

stock bars are junk! don't waste your time trying to adjust, go get a better bend....i like my Windham's or if you can find a pair of CR 2x hi you'll be happy..also lower the foot pegs. there are kits out there. stand up more.

The best fix for a tall guy is to put the bars in the #4 position. Get them out in front of you a little more give extra room without any real drawbacks. I am not in favor of running taller bar set set ups, I think going forward is the best plan.

As for the bars, the stockers are pretty darn good because they are a very neutral bend. In "11 they used a different bar that I don't like. For "12 they went back to the traditional KTM bend.

Again, what is nice about the bars is that they have a reasonable range to roll forward or back. So don't get in a hurry to ditch them.

6'2", started off #4 on my 505 and my 530 (not easy to get the stabilizer to work), but have since moved back to #3. #4 seemed to give it just a bit of an odd feeling steering sensation.