Sign in to follow this  

dune jetting

Hey guys my buddy jetted my cr for me because he has aloooot of experience with riding/racing 2strokes. he said he left the main stock on my 2001 cr125 but he leaned the pilot out (definately less bog/hesitation) runs great in the mountains but over at the coast after it warmed up it seemed i had to give it a little throttle while kicking to get it started. do i need to richen the pilot back up for starting? it ran fine but started to not smoke as much as it usually does and im thinking its because i blew the carbon out, there is still a little spooge. thoughts?

For the dunes you generally go one or two richer on the main jet. Always a good idea to do a plug chop when you get there... put in a new plug, find a nice long flat section, hold it wide open in 5th for a bit, hit the kill switch while wide open and pull in the clutch. When you stop pull the plug and look at the base of the porcelain, it should be chocolate brown.

welli picked up a 400 main at motosport by my house and thats 2 up from stock 380. putting stock pilot in too. should be set!