Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech x2 vs Cyclops headlight

Looking to shed the stock head light off my SM. Torn between the Trail Tech:

http://trailtech.net/x2.html

And the cyclops:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/7295/ITEM/Acerbis-Cyclops-Headlight.aspx

From the research I've done, with the diode mod it is possible to convert the cyclops for HID's which is a plus.

I like the trail tech because it goes with my "Stripped down" simplified theme I'm aiming for.

Anyone have really good/bad experiences with either?

Love my X2. Only bad thing about it is fitting all of the wires from the wire harness somewhere.

I'm running the X2 and the light output seems pretty terrible. My '89 GSXR-750 has way better output with its dual beam set up. Almost seems like the way the X2 spreads it out.

I have a the road legal X-2. I put in higher wattage lights, 100w on the high and 55 on the low. It was wicked bright, but I blew a fuse the other day, so I went back to the 35 in the low and put the 55 in the high. I might re-wire it with a relay and a seperate fuse for the high beam because I really like it with the 100w. I also built a couple of brackets to move the light away from the forks a little bit. Now the wires behind it have some room. PM me your e-mail if you want some pics of my set up. I'm very happy with it. I also considered the cyclops, but I think I made the right choice.

What is the weight difference between the Stock SM headlight and the X-2? Currious to see what the weight change is.

What is the weight difference between the Stock SM headlight and the X-2? Currious to see what the weight change is.

Pretty sure the stock headlight is somewhere around 8 pounds.

ya, me too.

Looking at the bike specific X2 they have three different choices: low halogen, brighter halogen and then an HID setup for $350. You think you can get the cheap one and put HID's in it?

Just curious. exchanging the x2 headlight on the drz. How big of a pain in the ass is dealing with the wiring harness. will it still fit? thanks

I am liking my X2 so far. It was a PITA to fit a HID bulb into the high beam but its in there now. Low beam projector with a Silver star 55w bulb still isn't great for me. I run my high beam all the time and don't get flashed often enough to make me pity any cagers.

2013-02-17_13-04-19_449.jpg

2013-02-17_20-55-56_383.jpg

I don't have a shot of the low beam because my camera can't see it any better than I can