Sign in to follow this  

Fuel injectors 09 vs 11

Our 09 has suddenly developed a problem in that it will run for short periods of time and then not. I'm thinking its the fuel injector. I've tried the tank/fuel pump on our 11 and that seems to run fine. So I think I can rule out the fuel pump.

Looking a the honda parts fiche it seems the 09 and 10 use the same injector, and the 11 has a different part number. Just wondering if anyone here knows if the 11 injector can be used in the 09.

i think the 09-10 50 mm and the

11 47 mm injector

Those are the throttle body measurments. I would assume the injector itself may be different just based on that. I could be wrong, just a hunch. Filters would be suspect first.

Injectors don't usually act up like that. I bet it's some stuff on the stator pickup and/or a bad coil acting up when it gets hot.

If pump screens are good more than likely it is electrical. Injectors due last forever in cars.

i just heard of an issue where moisture got in to the ecu conector and the bike did not start you may want to clean that conector as theres no real seal there and use some dielectric grease around it to cut down on future problems.not a bad idea on the other conectors also

Thanks Ron

I already use dielectric grease on all our bike's connectors. The minor annoyance with that is it collects a little dirt grit because of the grease. But I think the trade off is worth the trouble. And its only a problem when you take the connectors apart.

This thing is driving me nuts. I pulled the injector out and connected it to the electrical system and fuel line and there is a spray of fuel when turning over the engine. Put it all back together and the motor fired right up and ran for a few minutes. Shut it down and fired right back up. Then it died and then nothing.

I've found now that the spark is intermittent.

Fun times in the garage.

i just heard of an issue where moisture got in to the ecu conector and the bike did not start you may want to clean that conector as theres no real seal there and use some dielectric grease around it to cut down on future problems.not a bad idea on the other conectors also

This same thing happened to my 09. Just blew it out with some air and applied a little dielectric grease around the connector and haven't had any issues since.. 👍:thumbsup:

Seems my problem was either the coil or kill switch.

Replaced both at the same time and the bike starts easy and now runs fine.

I'm not taking the time to figure out which one. I don't care at this point.