Sign in to follow this  

ebay auctions, too good to be true?

ok so i figured ied brows ebay for a bike someone was gettin rid of by auction that starts around 100-200 and i saw this, do dealers (if it really is one) really do this or is it just a scam? has anybody else done this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-2012-KAWASAKI-KX250F-LIME-GREEN-12-SALE-/280755154062?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item415e4fac8e

theres the link ^

Its real. Just because bidding starts @ $250.00 doesnt mean its gonna sell for that.

Reserve is probably around $6000, and there is 6 days on the auction.

Now if it had a buy it now price of $2000, it would raise a red flag.

The reserve hasn't been met. So, for example, if the reserve is set at 3 grand, the bike won't sell if no bids exceed 3,000.

It looks like the real deal. Just because the starting price is so low doesn't mean its going to sell for cheap. That's mostly to get interest in the product. As was said the reserve is probably set high and the bike won't really be that much of bargain anyways.

yea i know they do this every now and then but it seemed alittle odd, be funny if i bid 250 and somehow got it XD..i miss dreamin right about now

Start the bidding low which will encourage people to bid on the product. A product with 20 bids that is sitting at $5000 might be a little more attractive to a buyer than an auction with 0 bids that is simply started at $5000. Bidding shows intrest in your product. Doesn't work all the time or matter to everybody, but maybe sometimes.

The buy now price is probably close to the reserve price, probably $6,495 and on the bottom it states that at the end of the auction there is a dealer charge of $498 added to the final bid price. So it looks like that the minimum price for the bike will be $6,993.

The buy now price is probably close to the reserve price, probably $6,495 and on the bottom it states that at the end of the auction there is a dealer charge of $498 added to the final bid price. So it looks like that the minimum price for the bike will be $6,993.

Plus around $400 for shipping depending on where you live.