Sign in to follow this  

08 SXF 250 advice

Hello All!

I am looking at purchasing a nice 08 SXF250. I just got burned on a bike I purchased previously so I am being very cautious. This will be my first KTM.

I am looking to get some help on any known issues with the 08's and things to look out for. Also, what should I look at when purchasing the bike?

I am probably going to take it straight to a shop to have it checked out but I would like to know what to look out for so I don't even get that far.

Thanks in advance!

I just bought the same bike two days ago. I thought I covered all the important questions with the seller but there were a couple surprises during and after the sale. In Ca you need a title so the first thing I asked when I first called was about the title and the owner said yes. When I came to pick up the bike I got the run around about how they had it they just couldn't find it and will get it to me as soon as possible. I also asked about everything being straight and discovered that the handlebars are turned slightly to the right when going straight. I guess you can't assume the seller is going to be totally honest when you ask the tough questions. In hindsite I should have made a list of things to check (like the steering) because when I got there I was a little overwhelmed by everything.

I rode it yesterday and other than those two things the bike runs terrific.

i bought one almost a year ago now off a mate, engines are so strong, have not had a problem with it, just put a new piston in it at 105hrs, and it was still pulling hard before the rebuild and started almost first kick every time. only reason i rebuilt it was abit of oil was coming out the crankcase breather which is an indicator the piston rings are worn. now with over 15hrs on the rebuild it goes so hard, and its only need minimal if any valve adjustments :ride::thumbsup: