Sign in to follow this  

2011 crf450r

I recently purchased a new crf450 and have a few questions. I want to get a slip on exhaust for it. Im not sure the best one to go im looking for the most bottom end power but also has to sound good. I also wanted to know if I need to remap as soon as I get it or if I can run the stock mapping for a while. I am 6'4" and the stock handle bars don't work to well for me so I was wanting to know what setup is everyone using around that height and do you like it thanks.

I'm 6' 2" and I using Renthal Twinwall RC High bars, #922-01. They are the same bend as stock, but taller. The height change isn't huge, but I like it better.

-Gabe

I don't know about the pipe, but as far as the remap, only you will know if you can ride it like it is. It's good to hear recommendations for setup, but go ride the bike and see what you want to change. I ride my '11 with only judder spring mod (look that up if your not sure what it is, must do mod), I love my bike. I'm not terribly fast, but I've had fast guys ride my bike and they loved it too, so the mapping can't be that bad.

at 6'3'' I use on my 11 bar risers, tall/hard guts racing seat foam + fastway pegs(low/back position). I set the rear spring preload seeking a very small free sag (1-1,5 cm) so that I always have a "tall" bike. But I'm on the heavy side too....

If you need bottom end I'd just leave the stock silencer. Thats what I did beacause I tend to ride a gear higher and I couldnt be happier, very easy bike to do mx with

Well I have a update I ordered tusk 30mm bar risers and a 50 tooth rear sprocket. Installed the bar risers last night. They make it much easier to reach the bars when standing. I am going to try to install the new sprocket tomorrow and will give y'all an update when I ride it. Thanks for the replies I am about talked out of a new silencer.