Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F First Upgrade's/Mods?

Hi,Im looking into upgrading my bike a little more this winter.It's an 2009 Yz250f.Right now all it has is Renthal Front & Rear sprockets along with a gold D.I.D chain.Renthal Kevlar Dual Compound Grips.Also the bike had already came with the Pro Taper bars mounted.I know everyone will say pipe which im looking into.Let me know what pipes best?So im wondering what upgrades/mods should i put into the bike? Thanks Joe

Don't waste your money on a pipe unless your at least a upper pack b racer...

Get the suspension done.

Don't waste your money on a pipe unless your at least a upper pack b racer...

Get the suspension done.

cant agree with you more. nascar has one simularity to mx and that is suspension is way more important.

everyone i know that spent $1000 in suspension mods will tell you that it was the best mod they did on their bikes

dr.d or yoshi is best. but year do suspension. i just save my money and put it towards racing and fresh gear and other things like fresh brakes and tires often

I have the fmf powerbomb with 4.1 on. Added top but did steal some of the lower. The suspension compared to some I have sent away works good for me stock. I am sure it could be improved some. Seems the faster I ride the better it feels.

All the power mods in the world aren't worth anything if you can't put the power to the ground and keep it upright. Tires first for the terrain, the suspension and tune for your weight, then power. I put the most money on the front tire since its the one that keeps you upright. Starcross front, your choice rear. Dr D muffler and JD jetting for altitude. My suspension tuner is 20 min from the house. Develop a local relationship with a suspension tuner. Then tune your body, strength and endurance training, and good nutrition.

All the power mods in the world aren't worth anything if you can't put the power to the ground and keep it upright. Tires first for the terrain, the suspension and tune for your weight, then power. I put the most money on the front tire since its the one that keeps you upright. Starcross front, your choice rear. Dr D muffler and JD jetting for altitude. My suspension tuner is 20 min from the house. Develop a local relationship with a suspension tuner. Then tune your body, strength and endurance training, and good nutrition.

I agree. Get your bike jetted correctly. Then get your suspension set up for the type of riding you do. I admit, I want more power out of my 250F, but I already don't use all the power the thing has, so invest that money in fresh tires and maintenance

I would first get the suspension set to your weight. Then look into a pipe if you think you still need it.

the stock pipe works pretty good, spend your money on regular maintenance parts, and if you can afford some good suspension work i would do that too. just dont pay the guy at the local shop 300 bucks to "tune" your suspension