Sign in to follow this  

California Rand Mountains Permit

What is the latest on permits for Rand Mountains? I noticed signs requiring permits last time I was in that area. Few years ago, I got and signed the RMMA map at Jawbone - which is what was needed to ride the area at that time. Is a new permit needed, and is payment involved? BLM website has no info.

Permits are required, and they are free. Available at the Jawbone station.

I seem to remember that the permits are only good for a year. I got my last one at Borax Bills.

Cal City permit is annual and expires end of June ($10 per bike or family pack is $50). BLM is just a map (you must carry with you) that needs your John Hancock.

Have a signed map if you cross into the Rands... A Parade Permit is required if you come out of the hills into Cal City limits... don't park on the street in Randsburg... don't use the wrong trail to get gas in Johannessburg... don't cross the fence line in Jawbone, Dove or Spangler... don't get caught where the turtles live... don't ride on open trails in the BLM open area cause it's marked trails only... but they haven't marked even half the trails that are open so who knows where to ride... don't stage behind the gas station at 4 corners anymore... don't ride in the wash on the way to Pinnacles cause the rain may get diverted 2 inches from your tire tracks... but please go there and ride.

They say it's the most OHV friendly area in the STATE ! :thumbsup: