Sign in to follow this  

EBC DRC Clutch -> Grabby + Hard pull - Any suggestions?

Hi there,

my old clutch was slipping.

I installed the ebc drc clutch (kork) in my 04 wr250f and now it grabs. The new springs are much stiffer and i guess that this causes my new problem: the clutch is really hard to pull. I never had problems with my left arm getting tired but this new clutch really gets me.

I also noticed that the clutch gets grabby when hot and the bike can not be started good when in gear.

Any suggestions? Should i try the 79 cent mod (i am worried that it will cause even harder pull)?

Chris

Are you sure you tightened the spring bolts to the correct torque? I have an EBC kit in my bike and I agree that the pull is harder. Are the cable and lever pivots lubed? You can always move the perch away from the grip on the bar. This will make you grab closer to the end of the lever, giving you more leverage. And if you're still not happy with it, http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/4223/ITEM/Moose-Racing-Easy-Pull-Clutch-System.aspx

I had precisely the same issues with my EBC kit, check the clutch spring lengths, they should be no 37mm (1.46 inches) long and a minimum of 36mm (1.42 inches) long. The ones supplied for a YZ are slightly longer and really do make the clutch action imposssible even when the bolts are torqued down right. I ended up putting my old springs back in - works a treat now.

Another thought - did you soak the plates overnight in fresh oil before installing?

Let us know how you get on