Central Washington camping/riding info...

Hey fella's. Looking already at booking some family camping in central Washington. I'm the only one who rides (so far) in the family and I was wondering about any riding spots that are close to any/some of the following: Winthrop, Lincoln Rock, Sunlakes/Dryfalls, Lake Chelan, Oroville.

I'm probably able to sneak away for a few hours a morning or two on the trip. Better than nothing I guess. So anyways, I'll grab an OHV tag if required, but it's not a street legal bike. Any advice as to what area I should steer our camping trip towards? Thx, appreciate any info.

cheers.

If your willing to drive a short distance, there is excellent riding between Chelan and Winthrop. Not long in mileage but the elevation and scenery make up for it. South of Chelan, near Entiat, there is also a ton of riding.

I presume this is for late summer next year as snow reports in some of these areas are trickling in.

Between Chelan and Winthrop eh??? Ok sounds good, that could work, whereabouts?...and the riding around Entiat could also work, I think that's not far at all from Chelan from what I remember, correct?...any details on how to get to those spots would be greatly appreciated. Thx man.

North of Chelan towards Twisp:

http://rk-productions.net/Assets/Photos/Foggy%20Dew/foggydewmap.jpg

Look up Foggy Dew Campground so you know where to stage and ride from.

South of Chelan towards Entiat:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5313093.pdf

One place I haven't been to so can't speak to the validity of this map but it is accessible off Hwy 97A north of Wenatchee.

These areas are just about closed for the season so your best bet will be LATE next July to Mid-August for all trails to be open next summer.

Foggy Dew has snow as of last weekend in the higher elevations.

Mad river is closed for the season and there is snow in the higher trails there too.

Cant wait for next year alredy.?

I rode the higher elevations last Sunday. Nothing too bad in terms of snow and it was absolutely beautiful out. No reason to wait until next season!

2011-10-16_13-58-03_805.jpg

Check out the rest of the pictures.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019817

Thx for the info mx813. Booked Chelan today for next summer. Cheers.

To access Foggy Dew from Chelan side is a long dirt road drive unless plated. From Manson go up past Lake Wapato and Antilion Lake on Grade Creek Road (NF 8200). You can access the system from 8200-155 Safety Harbor Creek Trailhead or the Trailhead at South Navarre Campground. Make sure you do the loop around Uno Peak too! it is cool up here.