Sign in to follow this  

Help rmz250 2004

Hi guys, new to forum as Ive just bought an rmz250 2004

Well the prob is I bought this rm a few weeks ago, guy bumped it as he said it needs a service so wont kick or idle

(yeh I know alarm bells should have been ringing!

Anyway first call is a bike mechanics who said prob a valve issue but would need to strip for a nose. they call said barrel is scored

so it needs barrel piston and rings (bottom end just rebuilt before I had it) anyway a few weeks later I get a call to say

mechanic was going on hols but only had to put a few bits back on and was ready so we took it but after putting tank etc on

same prob wont kick (very little compression but i think they are like that) we bumped it and it fired up ran then stopped

so we parked it up and in the moring oil all over the place (couldnt see where it came from). put oil back in and tried to kick this time it backfired a few times

then we tried to bump and nothing.

Even though I havent been riding crossers for years (road bikes have been my bag for last few years) but me and a mate are planning to

do the hare and hound in monmouth in 2 weeks so im desperate to get this going so any help is appreciated!!!!!

mechanic is taking another look but not till next week. he said alves looked fine to him and was shocked she wouldnt start.

long story short im after some guidance or someone local to take a nose (will pay for a fix). bike is getting fuel and spark.

Tony

KGrHqZloE5YQPFC-BOWToNVvPw60_12.jpg