Sign in to follow this  

anyone know the proper way of adjusting a clutch

tried adjusting my clutch cable and its not working out so well it has an adjustment by the lower part of frame and also on the handle bars if i have it in gear and i pull the clutch in im assuming their should be no friction on the rear tire and mine will like drag..

having resistance at the rear wheel with the motor off and the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in is normal. i don't sweat it until the bike starts dropping off idle to the point of dying while in gear with the clutch pulled in.

that's where my bike is now, having to constantly blip the throttle to keep it running. should have the new clutch installed, basket and plates, tomorrow.

I'll try adjusting it an see how it is with the bike running... Do you have a web site you get parts for yours? I can only find the basics on web sites.. Spark plugs air filters tires.

I'll try adjusting it an see how it is with the bike running... Do you have a web site you get parts for yours? I can only find the basics on web sites.. Spark plugs air filters tires.

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm. this is one of the main online husky sites. tt user "ride" is the owner so you can pm him directly about stuff. name is kelly.

https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/default.aspx. this would be the other main online resource i use for the husky.

i do have to mention my local guy. Tasky's Metric. Jeff and Jaimie(sp) are the best. super helpful, knowledgable, and kind. honestly jeff gets all my business that i can give him. he gets the parts in a couple days for the same price or maybe a bit less than everyone online and he'll send it to the house if need be. i'd recommend calling him up and have a conversation about what you need/want. hard to go wrong with those folks. they also have a section on their site with a good amount of used or old/new stock parts.