Sign in to follow this  

Beta 520 2010

Just got in from 100 miles of nasty singletrack. This bike is stock except for new springs and handguards.

I hear many of you saying the larger Beta motor causes more fatigue due to the rotational mass. In theory I am sure your right. I dont have a 350 to compare it to.

I can tell you this. This bike is flat out fast with an extremely usable power. Only wicked if you call for it, otherwise very manable power with traction being its main concearn.

The suspension is flawless in my New England type terrain.

I came off a DRZ400S. After 4 hours of heavy paced singletrack I would be beat, sore and tired. The RR is 242 lbs and rides like it's less. I feel great right now without needing 800MG of advil.

I am not racing the Dakar or Baja 500 so I am having a hard time buying that whole arguement of big engine = heavy bike.

Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who might be considering a 520 or 498 Beta. I love this bike.

Betadriveway2.jpg

Great stuff happy seal.... I rode three 100 mile desert races (Mattawa 100 in Washington state) and one race was on a 1972 Suzuki TM 400 in 1973....40 hp, 4 inches of travel, and by the end of the race I was bleeding from places that is not normal. Great to hear how your bike is working out and I know you are not missing your Z.

Betadriveway2.jpg

If you are happy now about how well it rides and feels, I wonder what you are going to think when you try it without that plug in the muffler. :thumbsup:

One complaint. That kicker is TOUGH to use! lol Thank goodness for the electric start!

My 520RS-supermoto is great as well! I'm loving it! I rode over 400 miles last Saturday, and had a blast! I went and slayed the dragon and was the fastest guy there. Every time I stopped I had a crowd of people around my bike asking questions, complimenting, and just plain intrigued.

Another thing that I've heard is that they're bulletproof! Though I haven't had mine long enough to tell.

313448_2077762912947_1511220378_31718820_1807273847_n.jpg