Sign in to follow this  

Rm 65 troubles

Hello all, I am new to 2 stroke bikes. Been reading for a couple days. Just picked up an 03 Suzuki RM 65 for my son used. When we got home it ran fine very fast. I had to mix up fuel 32:1 filled the bike up and it began to pop and crack under acceleration. And it was fresh 93 Octane. I pulled carb off and it was spotless. Picked up 5 plugs went thru all of them. I lowered the needle all the way down, it will idle great and for a while. when it warms up and you go past 1/3 throttle it pops and cracks. I bought this bike cause it wasn't ridden mush by previous owner. I am sure some one can help me figure this out. If i am running to rich and cant lean it out any more should i drop down a jet size, or do i need to look into reeds, piston. I am a wiz on a 4 stroke, I know nothing about a 2 stroke never had one. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Oh yea this bike made 120lbs of compression, on 4 kicks. If that helps. I need to get this thing right my son is eating me up over it, and momma bear thinks i just wasted money on something broken.

I would check the reeds? How about something simple like the air filter being overlooked? If it ran fine at first, it will again in short order.

Did changing the jetting help at all? If not, it must be something else right? My son just mentioned the silencer packing?

I'm sure a real TT guru will chime in soon! :thumbsup: