Sign in to follow this  

SM tank missing gas cap

I just bought an SM tank that the lock had been drilled out on. I need a replacement. I don't care if it locks or not, but I want to replace it with something without duct tape over the hole. I need to do this as cheap as possible. Any ideas?

Stock or clarke?I use the Xr650 one for my clark, but for a stock cap this is pretty good. It comes in other colors too. (I use red)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Billet-Gas-Cap-Suzuki-DRZ400E-DRZ-400E-2000-2007-/110714139270?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c713b286

I have the stock metal tank. So this black Billet Gas cap that says its for the E model will work of the stock SM tan? I know the E tank is plastic so that surrprises me. Or am I missunderatanding you?

I don't think it's Cali tank.

I ended up keeping the factory metal gas cap. I took a wire wheel to it because the previous owner had used duct tape to cover it and it had left that nice residue. Once it was down to the bare metal I JB welded a metal punch out from an electrical box (the ones you see on the ground at a job site and always think are a quarter) over the whole. I wire wheeled it again to clean up excess weld and primed and painted it. It looks great, and it was free.