Sign in to follow this  

Revews for 2011 KTM 50 SX

Can any one tell me if they LIKE the new 2011 KTM 50 or NOT and how long has your kid been riding it in what evniroment? I can't find reviews or shoot outs for the 50s. Don't know if they are also a money pit or not. Any help please!

All performance 50's are money pits. We have had every brand out there and they have all been great bikes but if you don't work on them constantly & fix stuff before it breaks you're gonna have problems no matter what you buy. Are you racing or just play riding?............

After one year of 50's with two racers I have learned to be proactive and not reactive

If I was going to spend money on a new racing 50 I would either go with a 2012 KTM 50SX as they went to USD forks which was a huge weak link on the older ones or go with a 2010-newer King Cobra. But again, if you aren't doing preventative maintenance any of the 50's will be a nightmare. We have rode KTM's, Polini's and now my youngest is on a Cobra. All three brands have been great but the Cobra has the best suspension hands down which is why we went that way this time...............

Exactly what Tracktor said. I would buy the 2012 Ktm over the 2011. A friend bought one for his son and loves it. Much better front suspension. Or go with the cobra also very good bike. All 50s are money pits, thats just the nature of racing 50s. Keep up on the maintenance best advice.

Every suspension guy out there is saying they would get a '11, the forks are MUCH better. They can still do valving in the '12 but the consensus is that the USD's were not as good. Give it a year or two and they will get better.

I love the 2011 50 sx, we are at exactly one year, 55 hours and have done nothing but change oil and filter. Compression still good, kicks on first try. We only ride it at track. I just bought son an 2011 65sx so 50 is going but love the bike. Never one bit of trouble.