Sign in to follow this  

Washington Taenum colors

They are changing. Nows the best time to ride the mtns in my opinion. Conditions where perfect...sunny and maybe 60. Colors are to die for and this is merely an iphone camera. Doesnt do it justice. On a side note...I was at the top of Windy pass going to take a pict and recieved a text. I had full 4 bars. Was able to send mutltiple picts from there back to a friend. Thats crazy.:thumbsup:

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

I love it in the mountains this time of the year in Washington State!

It was a good day.

I saw you up there. (that bike is hard to miss)

There were 4 of us on the side of the trail and you road by solo.

Hope you had as good a day as we did.

Nice pics

...Captain America!

Yeah those stickers are coming off if I am able to dual sport it with sb5800. It shouts "cops please..pull me over":lol:

how are the conditions up there? snow anywhere yet? Unexpectedly have a break from school and will be able to get one more ride in on friday. Hoping to ride Taneum>tahuya. Have never ridden taneum after early August!

how are the conditions up there? snow anywhere yet? Unexpectedly have a break from school and will be able to get one more ride in on friday. Hoping to ride Taneum>tahuya. Have never ridden taneum after early August!

Zero snow as of Sunday(though clifty may be a diff story) Perfecto conditions! I did windy pass loop

From Jakes album this weekend at Gifford...

DSCN0111-L.jpg

DSCN0130-L.jpg

DSCN0283-L.jpg

DSCN0282-L.jpg

Can that place be any more amazing??

Can that place be any more amazing??

yes, 10 years ago the trails were virgin then Jake found out about it :thumbsup:

yes, 10 years ago the trails were virgin then Jake found out about it :thumbsup:

It is an amazing place. If you want to see what could of been in the GP -get access to the motorized recreation planning documents file at the GP forest headquaters. Many more trails were planned but lack of user support to combat the green weenies caused a "pro multiple use" Forest/District to back away from projects and grant applications. Langille Ridge in the late 80's and into the early 90's was rescued from obliteration by the the Northwest Trailriders Association, a former NMA club whose signature ride was the "Mount St Helens 100 Trail Ride. The ride feel into oblivion due to buearacratic red tape and unreasonable permitting hurdles.

First time I rode Langille -on a 1985 Honda XR350 -there was no evidence of a trail tread except a few short sections from McCoy Peak intersection to Bear Creek going south. We spent many years getting the brush and trail tread re-established then the 1996 floods came and required a gargantuan effort to build a trail though all the washouts on the 28 road to access Langille. Many at the FS just wanted to "let it go".

Just be aware that this great treasure could be snatched out our hands pretty easily without constant political pressure and user involvement.

• Like 1

It is an amazing place. If you want to see what could of been in the GP -get access to the motorized recreation planning documents file at the GP forest headquaters. Many more trails were planned but lack of user support to combat the green weenies caused a "pro multiple use" Forest/District to back away from projects and grant applications. Langille Ridge in the late 80's and into the early 90's was rescued from obliteration by the the Northwest Trailriders Association, a former NMA club whose signature ride was the "Mount St Helens 100 Trail Ride. The ride feel into oblivion due to buearacratic red tape and unreasonable permitting hurdles.

First time I rode Langille -on a 1985 Honda XR350 -there was no evidence of a trail tread except a few short sections from McCoy Peak intersection to Bear Creek going south. We spent many years getting the brush and trail tread re-established then the 1996 floods came and required a gargantuan effort to build a trail though all the washouts on the 28 road to access Langille. Many at the FS just wanted to "let it go".

Just be aware that this great treasure could be snatched out our hands pretty easily without constant political pressure and user involvement.

great stuff and THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

K

Wow Marc, thanks for the reminder....could you imagine losing that area? it would have to be tooth and nail and they would have to peel my cold dead hands off my throttle / clutch for sure.

joe