Sign in to follow this  

California Piutes trail maintenance

I just got this request from the stewards and will not be able to help this time as I have a work committment.

If you rode Damons Dual dogs ride in June or the Chapparrals alpine trails ride in September you know what great trails are up there in the Piutes near Lake Isabella and the stewards volunteers are the reason why. How about giving back to the sport with a little volunteer trail maintenance?

Thanks

Gil Busick

The Stewards of the Sequoia Fall Trail Appreciation Season will be kicked off this Saturday 10/23.

We have just received approval from the Forest Service to work on the great Cold Spring Trail 33E68 single track. We will be brushing & defining the trail, as well as some reroutes to address some possible concerns about erosion.

I wanted to invite you to help on this important project that will help keep this trail open as we move forward with the Piute Plan

Please reply to this email and let me know if you can help to keep this trail open

We will be meeting at 8am at Nate's place at the intersection of Piute Mountain Road and Sorrel Peak Road and then riding our bikes or trucks over to the Cold Spring to meet two Forest Service staff at 9am

Please bring work gloves, hat, water. All tools will be provided.

Lunch will be provided by Sierra Gateway Market to all people who register by tomorrow Thursday

I hope you can help. Keep in mind that we need to keep adding to our volunteer hours in order to sustain our strong relationship with the Forest Service and keep our trails open. Below you can see what your past volunteer efforts have helped to accomplish.

We are looking for about ten volunteers, some of the work will be within walking distance of the Cold Spring staging area.

Why not come out and lend a hand on the trails you love and then go for a ride on Sunday.

Thanks

--

Chris Horgan

Executive Director

Stewards of the Sequoia

chris@stewardsofthesequoia.org;

Division of CTUC 501c3 Non Profit

Got a couple of questions, but first......is this the 22nd (Saturday) or the 23rd ( Sunday)?

Never mind, saw you say work Saturday and ride Sunday

Ok, next......Not familiar with the trails up there, but have ridden out of Javier's place. Where the heck is this trail and staging area?

Edited by SILENTSHOK