Sign in to follow this  

Massachusetts Death at Freetown State Forest?

A friend and I were riding at FSF this afternoon and heading up the path we were promptly told to turn around and then told that there was a fatality.

Anyone know what happen?

I'm not seeing anything in the news on google yet...defiantly have caught my interest. Will post if I find anything.

A friend called me and said the same thing. No details however.

What part of the Freetown ORV loop did this happen in? Local police or DCR?

It was my first time there so Im not familier with the area. I know it was by a bridge not far from the motorcycle parking area.

There were regular police and park officials there. The regular officer was actually asking us for directions 20 minutes earlier of which I couldn't provide.

Its weird I cant find any news on it anywhere. Somethings fishy.

Probably a suicide ,you won't year about things like that but they'd be all over an opportunity to make our sport sound worse.

Suicide sounds reasonable...normally not alot is reported on them. Still am interested as to what went down though.

came across this website looking for more information on what had happened so i figured i'd let you guys know since i cant even find a news article! my dad and brother actually found the victim while they were riding, the man was in his truck and committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. they said he looked like he was in his 50s. very sad.

came across this website looking for more information on what had happened so i figured i'd let you guys know since i cant even find a news article! my dad and brother actually found the victim while they were riding, the man was in his truck and committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. they said he looked like he was in his 50s. very sad.

Sad stuff...thanks for sharing the info though.