Sign in to follow this  

no motivation

hey, well the last few months have been rough for me on and off the track. I dont know what to do im getting slower and slower. Ive lost 75percent of my confidence. and I really dont even have enough confidence to even race anymore. and last race is at budds or tomahawk not sure. but i dont know what to do anymore. i feel like im not even getting faster and when i ride i try so hard and ride as hard as i can. and i can only ride/race every other weekend. I just need some advice or something to keep me going. Motocross is what i love. its what i live for. I couldnt live without it. some people have theropy to help them with there problems I got my bike.

Please help me out. I know off season is coming up and I realy would like to move up classes but i dont see it happening. Im really trying to train hard but i cant even get rides to the track anymore. maybe every other weekend thats it.

I really cant do anything. without my parents support. and i just see it fading away more and more.

Please help me out guys.

Sounds like your burnt out man! Riding doesnt sound like its fun for you anymore, take some time off the bike and relax. Do other things, like wakeboard, hike, fish, camp, trail ride, meet chicks.

Sounds like your burnt out man! Riding doesnt sound like its fun for you anymore, take some time off the bike and relax. Do other things, like wakeboard, hike, fish, camp, trail ride, meet chicks.

agreed, take a couple weeks off and relax. do something fun and hang out with some friends. watch videos of riding and youll be wanting to jump back on the bike with new found confidence. maybe switch up tracks you go to as well. riding the same track over and over burns me out in a big way... not sure if you ride the same track over and over but just a suggestion.

agreed, take a couple weeks off and relax. do something fun and hang out with some friends. watch videos of riding and youll be wanting to jump back on the bike with new found confidence. maybe switch up tracks you go to as well. riding the same track over and over burns me out in a big way... not sure if you ride the same track over and over but just a suggestion.

ive been riding one track for a little bit but idk man i just dont see myself not riding.

man i wish that was possible. I cant get my mind off riding

go out on a trail ride! try a desert race mix it up. watch some old bar to bar races. Give it a few days and you'll miss riding. When i go out and ride its like im in a whole different world, i forget about all my problems; greatest feeling in the world

go out on a trail ride! try a desert race mix it up. watch some old bar to bar races. Give it a few days and you'll miss riding. When i go out and ride its like im in a whole different world, i forget about all my problems; greatest feeling in the world

I only get to ride every other weekend so by the time riding day comes im reaady to ride and nothing else is gonna get in the way of that for sure!

And yeah I feel you same here nothing matters when im on a bike.

#1, get your own wheels. I had kids begging me for rides all the time and after a while, it's like step up and get yourself there; it's a pain in the butt to take broke extra people along.

#2 ride for fun on practice days, ride the trails, etc. Getting hung up on winning takes the fun of riding down to zero.

#3 I take it you are a kid, living at home. Focus on school, girls, cars, something different. Riding will be fun you whole life but not if you get burned out early. Sounds like riding is the opposite of therapy for you right now.

#1, get your own wheels. I had kids begging me for rides all the time and after a while, it's like step up and get yourself there; it's a pain in the butt to take broke extra people along.

#2 ride for fun on practice days, ride the trails, etc. Getting hung up on winning takes the fun of riding down to zero.

#3 I take it you are a kid, living at home. Focus on school, girls, cars, something different. Riding will be fun you whole life but not if you get burned out early. Sounds like riding is the opposite of therapy for you right now.

Man all this racing shit is stressing me out horribly. And practices are always off for me now. I never get a good practice. Always either have a bad wreck or just arent feelin it. I love riding don't get me wrong, I don't think im burnt out. racing and riding are really all i think about in this world. I mean yeah im not gay I like girls and go after them. but still not as important as bike riding . And i dont get a licence for a year.

How old are you? Couple of things could be going on. Lot of us older guys that are riding took a LONG break before getting the bug back. You could also be "raced out." It happens in other sports too. Maybe just need to take a break from competing and start getting some fun weekend rides with some friends.

Lot of things going on in life can have that affect with that "passion-about-your-passion." (if that makes sense). It's mental. And the more pressure you put on thinking about it, the worse it can get. If you're not going pro then I'd go take a break and chill with some friends.

Don't think because you're taking a break you're done, the brain is funny about that, you can always ride when you feel you need to.

How old are you? Couple of things could be going on. Lot of us older guys that are riding took a LONG break before getting the bug back. You could also be "raced out." It happens in other sports too. Maybe just need to take a break from competing and start getting some fun weekend rides with some friends.

Lot of things going on in life can have that affect with that "passion-about-your-passion." (if that makes sense). It's mental. And the more pressure you put on thinking about it, the worse it can get. If you're not going pro then I'd go take a break and chill with some friends.

Don't think because you're taking a break you're done, the brain is funny about that, you can always ride when you feel you need to.

im 15. i wanna go pro. but is it even possible? I dont think so

Man all this racing shit is stressing me out horribly. And practices are always off for me now. I never get a good practice. Always either have a bad wreck or just arent feelin it. I love riding don't get me wrong, I don't think im burnt out. racing and riding are really all i think about in this world. I mean yeah im not gay I like girls and go after them. but still not as important as bike riding . And i dont get a licence for a year.

man your stressin racing way to much. we all wanna be pro thats the ultimate goal of course but its a long stretch at the least. have fun with racing and stop stressin to much. worry more about having a good race and keepin it fun. your having bad practices because your stressin to hard, clear your mind and let it flow man!

OK well I'm old, but in 1974 I was 14 and working at an ice rink driving a zamboni. I took every pay check and bought a new 125 elsinore for 32.20 a month for two years. I wanted to race and I did for a year till it turned into work, it wasn't fun anymore so I quit racing and just rode, pits, hills, trails, whatever, it was fun again.

Give riding just to ride a try, don't worry about races or practice, just ride.

It doesn't mean you can't love racing, follow it, watch it,play on a track,but just play, the confidence will come back on it's own.

Worked for me, ended up racing GNCC on quads for a few years in the mid 80's to early 90's, now I'm back on bikes, just go with what makes you feel good, don't force it, you'll end up hating it.