Sign in to follow this  

'11 vs '12 350SXF

Has KTM made enough changes to be worth it to pay full pop for the '12 or search for an '11.

I asked myself the same question.....

....before I found a nice deal on a 2011, couple thou cheaper than a '12.

So far i'm loving it....rode sat and sun this weekend :thumbsup:

For 2012 they changed the spring rates and damping on the fork and rear shock (which on the 2011 were too soft) and also the mapping which makes for a stronger pull.

If you have your suspension done anyway you could live without these changes. But those who want their bike to be more race ready should go with the 2012 as it doesn't need different springrates.

As for the mapping - i'd say get a map-switch anyway so these changes can be had with the flip of a lever also on a 2011.

That said i still love my 2012.My friend had a stock 2011 and also changed for the 2012 which he says runs much better and handles better as well.

My dealer installed the 2012 mapping in my 2011 for free, suspension needs work either way, the new graphics and rear panel color change are cool though!

Buy the 2011 and save some tokens for the HT Racing 400 kit. Thats what I will be tossing in my this winter.

Buy the 2011 and save some tokens for the HT Racing 400 kit. Thats what I will be tossing in my this winter.

Why not get the 450??