Sign in to follow this  

clymer manuals any good

sry if this has been asked befor. im not great at navigating and finding what i want here yet, but are the clymer manuals any good? i need a manual for a engine rebuild and would like it pretty detailed and easy to navigate through.

clymer's aren't bad, I had one for my cr125 and it took me through everything I needed.

I now have a yamaha service manual for my yz, they're about the same, but yamaha's is a little better witht the troubleshooting sections.

sry if this has been asked befor. im not great at navigating and finding what i want here yet, but are the clymer manuals any good? i need a manual for a engine rebuild and would like it pretty detailed and easy to navigate through.
Only because you asked, thay SUCK ,get the Yamaha manual or at least get the online manual. I've had more than one Clymers and really just a waste of money.

The clymers manuals have a lot of mistakes in them. Obvious stuff like showing a Mikuni when the carb is a Keihin. Being that true, I would never trust their measurements.

I'm in the FSM camp with these guys above...

Go with the Factory Service Manual, they are way better in my opinion.

If only for the reason that they are very model specific.

Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki MX bikes have extremely good FSMs. They have sections in the back on jetting, suspension setup, troubleshooting, etc.

I didn't have a Suzuki book when I had my RM, so I can't comment on them.

i couldnt find an online manual for a 1998 yz250 does anybody know of a site that has that model on it for free?

The Australian manuals aren't printable, but I found one for my '02 from a European Yamaha site that is printable. Now the pages I need are in a big three-ring binder that goes to the garage and in the truck, just in case.