Sign in to follow this  

2 Part Question here, mold and lower back

Has anyone been exposed to mold, if so what were your symptoms? I know for a fact that we had it on our ship and in insulated piping. I have researched it quite a bit on the internet.

Also, I had a fusion at C5-C6 which impacted my L5-S1, my lower back pops alot in the general area of L5-S1 I was told that this was normal, is it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just going out on a limb about your back, but because you had surgery I would get a docs opinion on the matter. I haven't had any back surgery but my lower back pops quite often. So it could be normal, (more or less) I imagine that fusing two together could be increasing the amount of force while bending and moving at the joint site.

Mold? depends on what type it is. Although I don't know enough to give you any qualified answer.

Did the ship have asbestos insulation?

Just going out on a limb about your back, but because you had surgery I would get a docs opinion on the matter. I haven't had any back surgery but my lower back pops quite often. So it could be normal, (more or less) I imagine that fusing two together could be increasing the amount of force while bending and moving at the joint site.

Mold? depends on what type it is. Although I don't know enough to give you any qualified answer.

Did the ship have asbestos insulation?

Thanks, it's frustrating man. Lower back sucks and I think that I may try for a second opinion, just want to get this stuff atleast documented prior to saying adios. Myself and another cleaned our airhandlers one day, coated with black mold, overhead piping insulation above my rack (black mold), pretty sure that we had asbestos also.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

I had L5 S1 fusion 19 yrs ago. most common cause is trauma. Alot of people with a large upper body have L5 S1 problems after 40 because it is the main support joint. I have the opposite of your situation with no neck problems. As far as the boat goes Ispent 4 yrs on the USS Saratoga and have multiple lung issues from asthma to allergies I never had before. All the boats built before the 80's had asbestos in the pipe insulation. Anothr issue with the older boats such as the "Sara" was Red Lead paint.