Sign in to follow this  

WR/YZ250F exhaust

Hello everybody.

I'm thinking of buying a stock YZ250F exhaust (slip-on only) for my 2004 WR250F.

What about installation to the stock WRF head pipe? Any issues?

Which year YZF exhaust fits the 04 WRF?

The bike currently has a CRD Absolute Racing full system on, which has been bumped in several spots by the previous owner.

Is the change worth the money - performancewise?

You might want to change the header too if it's stock depending on what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure the WR header is a bit smaller diameter for more low end but not 100% sure on that. Any steel framed YZf exhaust will fit your WR not sure about 01 or 02.

Kind of don't understand your question. If you have an aftermarket exhaust now why are you asking to switch from the stock WR exhaust? If it has an aftermarket exhaust now then just leave it be. The dents won't effect anything unless it was hit so hard that the pipe is closed shut. If it really disturbs you, you can get those dents out.

Welcome to the 04 club!! 04 WRs rock!!!

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

As I said before the bike has a full CRD Absolute Racing system on, which is pretty worn (rusty head pipe, bumped slip-on) but fully functional. I also haven't heard the best for the specific exhaust in terms of performance.

The previous owner also gave me the stock exhaust (full) of the bike which is almost unused.

So the original thought was to change the CRD with another aftermarket exhaust e.g. FMF, Pro Circuit etc. but the cost is rather big.

Friends advised me to look for a YZF stock exhaust instead. It will come cheaper and they say it works well on the WR.

There is always the solution to do nothing and leave the bike as it is. I will save the money even if the bike doesn't look as good as I would like.

Maybe all the above sound a little weird but I am new in dirt bikes (I 've been riding for years only street bikes), and I am pretty excited with the WR. So any info from you (more experienced guys) is welcome.

Well the best thing you can do is take the stock exhaust to a metal recycler and trash it UNLESS you need a super quiet exhaust and don't mind the performance loss. I would either stick to the aftermarket exhaust you have on there now and clean it up by getting the dents out and buffing out the rust or YZ exhaust system.

Thanks for the advice.

Now another piece of info needed.

I've tried to find the standard settings for the stock suspension but come with many different answers. Does anybody know the real deal about forks and rear shock settings?

Fork:

Compression:??? clicks out

Rebound: ??? clicks out

Shock:

Rebound: ??? clicks out

Low Speed compression: ??? clicks out

High speed compression: ??? turns out

Regarding sag I know it is supposed to be 90 - 100 mm

For the record I am 1,80m tall and 80 Kg.