Sign in to follow this  

Too many part numbers!!

I need help, I need to find part numbers to see if different parts work on different years, problem is there is mulitple part numbers for the same thing, 2007 cylinder has 3 differnt part numbers, How do i know which one i need, this is based off the oem parts on bikebandit.com. I need to know how to figure out what i need for mulitple parts so if theres a way to tell that would be greatly apreciated, thanks

You are finding out what we know, the 07 is alone in valve specs. You can install complete head and cylinder assemblies from the 05/6 to the 07 bottom end. If you need to purchase new valves...several companies to choose from besides Suzuki. I have experience in the 450z's and would be happy to answer questions.

I recently purchased a set of Ti Valves from Ebay seller Thetalldutchman for $150 plus $6 freight--Super deal!

So will a 2006 cylinder fit a 2007 bottom end and head? and im assuming valves between 2005 and 2007 are all the same, part numbers match. thanks

The 05/06 head ass. will fit the 07 bottom end. The valves are different from the 07. If you are replacing the entire head from the earlier models...it will work with the 07.

so the valves are different on the 2007 rmz, but the 2007 head will work with a 2006 cylinder and 2007 bottom end? or do i have to use a 2007 cylinder?

ok, thats no problem, i dont even think i have the 2007 chain tensioner and i dont really trust the automatic chain tensioner anyway, its going on a shifter kart so ajusting it wont be any problem. thanks, do you know anyone who has a part motor for a 2005-2007 rmz, i need the cam shaft holders and i cant find any for sale