Sign in to follow this  

Looking for Honda Cr500 Crankcase(s)

I cracked the inner and outer right side crankcase(s) on my '89 I really need the outer more than anything...just found out the outer is dicontinued and losing hope FAST! Smebody please help me help this 500 from becoming SCRAPPED!:thumbsup:

Let me rephrase that....when i went to kick start it...it ripped the kick start gear out and took a chunk out of the inner and outer right side cases...

oh ok did you look on ebay? Also if there's no right crankcase covers then maybe try to find a whole bottom end or a blown up motor but definantly don't scrap it that's just a waste of a bike

just tape it back together. probly hold better than jb weld :thumbsup::bonk::ride:

pretty sure the covers were same from '89-'01. should be tons of used ones on ebay or just get a new one

O..I have looked...and only I live with the pain of looking at it defeated every day...lol But I am looking and but everybody who has a motor wants $1k+...for that I will just move on and part it out....it's actually a 1999 cr250 frame coversion with a 89 500 motor

get a 1990 or up right case cover, $170 or so from Service honda or look around. The black ones can be found for $140 or so. The 89 cover had corrosion issues.

One of these will prevent that from happening again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR500-head-decompressor-valve-compression-release-/110739089671?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c8906907

I can start mine in sneakers no problem. Yes the motor is fresh.

The outer right cover is only (87-89) compatible or atleast thats what the local honda shop said...and yes the decompression valve is a must with these beasts..I just find it hard to believe you can buy the inner right case but not the outer right case....*** HONDA!