Sign in to follow this  

whats your most embaressing moments on a bike!?

i was just sitting here, reading a bunch of post that kinda bore me :ride:, so lets hear about your most embaressing crashes you can remember!?:thumbsup:

I have been riding for almost ten years, and this summer was my first time riding in the Florida sand. The second I got in the track, I dumped the bike over, and everyone there saw it happen.:thumbsup:

This was on my sportbike but I think it still counts. I left a group ride I was on because I was starting to feel sick. I got home, pulled in the garage, shut off the bike and we both just fell over. I don't know what happened, I just spaced out and over I went with the bike. Nobody would have know (no damage to the bike) but my roommate had just pulled into the driveway and witnessed the whole thing.

Had a similar thing happen to me on my dirtbike...pants leg got caught on the pegs as I was coming to a stop and I fell over in front of 5 of my friends because I couldn't get my leg down.

I changed my superbike a few years back and on the way home from the dealer I decided to do a rolling stoppie at the traffic lights to show off a bit, everything went perfect until i landed the bike and went to put my foot on the ground but the foot pegs were slightly higher and tighter to get my foot out of than my last bike and basically the bike and I fell over to the side.

I was lying flat on the floor with the bike on top of me with loads of people just watching in dis-belief what I had done. Thank god for tinted visors as I was dying of shame.

Got off work at 10 PM on Saturday night, loaded up and drove 5 hours by myself from the far east side of Houston to make the Texas Series Motocross Race in San Antonio. Tried to sleep in the front seat of the truck when I got there but that did not work out too well. My class was called to the starting gate everything was good to go, the starter ran out on to the starting area and signaled for everyone to kill their engines. Someone came by and told us that both ambulances left the track with injured riders and our race could not start till another ambulance arrived. It was a real hot day so I crossed my arms on my handle bars and laid my head down to chill while we waited. After a few minutes I fell asleep.....then I fell over to the right and knocked over about 12 guys like dominoes. The guys I knocked over wanted to kick my butt. The race officals thought that I passed out from the heat and almost would not let me race. Fortunately I was able to convince them I just fell asleep.......

Mine is a tie, both occured while riding my '03 XR 250. The first was on the way to the starting line of a harescramble I decided to wheelie through the field, when she came up a little to high a little to fast, when the bike came out from under me it decided to take the direction to the nearest Winnebago where it landed about 5 foot short of the guys satelite dish (Thank the Lord) apparently his rig was a local gathering spot and everyone just stared. I promptly got up ran to the bike and yelled sorry gotta go the race is fixing to start! And rode the rest of the day with bent bars.

The second was also about 10 mins. before a harescramble in the first weekend in Jan. (XR's hate cold) so my dad used a tiedown and tied my bars onto his '85 XR 600, and proceeded to pull me around the field in view of the start where everyone was lined up. Finally she hit and cranked up, as we pulled back where my friend could unhook us I thought I would implement my new found skill from the week before "the stoppie" as I coasted to where my dad had stopped I grabbed the front brakes and leaned forward about the same time he decided we weren't up far enough. Would you have guessed a XR 250 on the front wheel would snatch a XR 600 too the ground along with the rider. Needless to say I was asked to do many more stoppies throughout the day but none compares to the first.

When I had my rm250, went on a ride at my buddies, and literally 5 minutes in , we had to go around a some vines and a tree, tight fit. So i go to get through, and had to clutch a bit. i wound up clutching a bit too much and didnt have my foot down all the way, so when i went to lean over, i fell..... and my handle bars landed on my arm and broke it. Ruined my summer and my wrist is permanently in pain.

it was my first time hitting this big stepup and i went off the jump sideways no prepared to whip and i cased it and the bike was all sideways to i ate it hard..i had also told my friends that i was gonna try it ahahahahahaha it sucked...it ended my night

Being towed back to the truck by a Yamaha Quad last Monday on a ride at Kings River Alaska. The middle finger is for the guy taking the picture, he is another Yamaha owner that took great pleasure in my humiliation:cry:

IMG_2648.jpg

1993, doing a wheelie to show off for my friends. Look how awesome my cr250 is?!?!?!!

I wheelied over backwards...I was wearing mesh shorts and a t-shirt. When I stopped skidding I was pretty much wearing only my underwear.

I still have road rash scars from that one.

'72 CB500, slow speed, tight turn, caught the magneto cover on the crown of the road.

'83 XJ900 (Seca 900), new tire, cold temps, pulled out of a road and turned right, engine sputtered (weak coil), bike was at max lean and the other 2 cylinders caught, rear tire spun, bike skidded, tire caught, high sided at 10mph, tank fell on my foot and broke it, and scratch my helmet in the slide.

If the bike hadn't sputtered/caught, or if the tire had not been new, would have been a non-event.

That foot's never been right since...

Dave

This was on June 26 2003, I did the RR shortly after so its a little

dated.

There's a jump in a set of sandpits near my house, which I've been

using to get accustomed to the weight of my bike- its a 650L, and my

previous was an XR200. Big difference. The jump is a raised area, in

the middle of a flat area. I cruised around the jump and landing area,

which was about at eye level. Keep that last bit in mind- it gets

important later. Everything looked clear.

I approached the jump pretty slowly, low in 2nd gear, because some of

the motocross types had built it up a bit (could dannyb have a

relative nearby?).

I got into the air, eyed my landing zone, and to my horror (believe

me, that's the correct word here) saw WHERE they had gotten the dirt

to build up the jump- thats right, the dug a hole right after the

jump, about 3 feet deep, sharp-edged all around, and I was gonna land

right in it!

I distinctly remember that I had time for one- just one- swear word,

so I chose it carefully.

My reflexes must still be good at this advanced age of 36, because

instead of riding the bike all the way down into the hole, I jumped up

off the bike as high as I could, so while the bike didn't clear the

hole, all of me except my feet did. Bonus of a heavy bike- when you

bail, you go higher.

If I'd a jumped 6" higher, I'd have had no injuries, 6" less and I'd

have broke a leg, so I'll take what I've got!

I got my gear off (it was about 95, 95% humidity so I recognized the

danger there) and started assessing my injuries. I could barely walk,

but could, so I figured no broken bones. Got the gas and ignition

turned off.

I decided that extracting the bike from the pit was a high priority,

time-wise, figuring that I'd soon not be able to walk or stand as my

feet/ankles swelled.

The hole (2 actually, I'd cleared the first one) was almost the length

of the bike, so the back wheel was still above-ground. I laid the bike

down and dragged it off the hill, all of this on my hands and knees so

as to spare my feet.

At this point, I was severly overheated, so I got the bike upright,

got it started, rode around slowly to cool off. I saw some spots, felt

a little sick, but the cooling off got me over that.

I went back, got my gear on, headed home up the interstate.

That was yesterday evening, right now my foot only has a bruise, but

won't take any weight.

The wife is, of course, mightily PO'ed as she considers riding bikes

to be a stupid waste of time. (Of course, the day I met her I was on

my Seca 900, had a spare helmet, she got on the back and we went to

dinner! So what does she expect? Oh yeah, men marry women expecting

them to not change, women marry men expecting them TO change!). To add

to the irony, this occurred the day before our anniversary.

Oh yeah, the cursing part. My fault for not checking the jump better

first, but what kind of lame-brained idiot turns a small table-top

jump into the frickin' pit of doom? In the middle of a set of sand

pits, they dug to get sand right after the jump? Lazy bastards!

Went back several weeks later to see exactly *** happened. How could I

miss a big freakin' hole? Remember how I described it as all at about

eye level when I rode around? It was just high enough to hide the

hole.

The bike, of course, was fine, sitting there and saying "c'mon, big

guy. That was fun. Lets do it again" ! Almost 5 months later, and only

a little limp left. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure I broke the foot,

but I was back on the bike in about 4 weeks so not too badly.

Dave

I was so tired at the end of one harescramble I dumped my bike 3 times in the easy stuff at the end, right where everyone could see me. The final one was at scoring. I stood there with the bike on the ground while they scanned me in. Everyone was cheering.

BTW, if you know you really aren't all that fast to begin with, don't to try and run harder for one of the more difficult courses of the year. You kinda get worn out doing that crap.

I’ve been riding long enough to have many embarrassing stories. One of the worst happened when my dad and I tried our hand at promoting motocross. We had leased the property adjacent to the Orlando fairgrounds. Through some careful manipulation we got the local news to send their sportscaster out for a press day before the first race. I invited the local pro’s to come out and get in some free practice while I was interviewed about our race (yes I got on TV). After the interview where I had told the news guy that I was as capable as the rest of the pro’s the guy wanted some action shots of me on the track. I got on my RM500 where it had been parked at the starting gate and headed out. The camera was on me so I popped the ice cold RM up into a wheelie. The 2-stroke was cold and running like crap but a cold 500 still had power enough to do a nice wheelie down the start straight. The problem was that about half way down to the first turn it finally cleared out. When it did it came on the pipe and over I went. :thumbsup:

I can’t even tell you how embarrassed I was. I wasn’t hurt so I couldn’t do anything at that stage but go out on the track and try to make up for it with a couple of really hot laps. When I came in everyone was teasing me about the start, even the sportscaster. The only up side was that they edited out the crash when it hit the nightly news.

--KT--

fair amount of stuff over the years... but most recently... after psyching myself before practice... I went for it whilst splitting to riders and going over them... I cased a good sized spectator double on the first lap of practice, slamming my chest down on the crossbar(ultimately bruising a lung)... almost saved it, but ate it pretty hard and cart wheeled the bike, etc... I did get back up and finish practice, but sure would have liked to see pictures or video of that one.