Sign in to follow this  

I found out my stock tank range

Went 65 Miles and I poured in 1.5 Gallons to go back and get the buddy who ran out at 60 miles! Stock tank, mix of rocky singletrack, desert, forest bushwhacking, long gravel downhill coasting.....

Short vid of some of the 65 miles.....

That's awesome when you go faster than the speed of sound.:ride:

Nice vid

Yea an editing mistake; I thought I was viewing in x2 only. :thumbsup:

65 miles on a stock tank? The one that comes with the bike? Blue, from Yamaha? All downhill?

I can barely eek out a 35 mile GP with my stock tank.

65 miles on a stock tank? The one that comes with the bike? Blue, from Yamaha? All downhill?

Yes the stock (1.6g I think)Edit: Google machine says it's 2.1 Gallon for the stocker. Half up hill, equal downwhill..... I was totally shocked when I looked at the gps in my Giant Loop and saw 65 miles. My riding partners ODO read the same mileage +-.5 miles.

No kidding. Ran mine dry right at 35 miles on flat ground.

A lot depends on how hard you are riding the bike. If you have if pinned a lot, then the mileage falls off a cliff.

• Like 1

I just started paying attention and I'm getting about 35 mpg on my odometer when just putting around. It's a LOT less on track days.

Was that KTM oversize tank full when you guys started out?

I ran out of gas with about 8 to 10 miles (of a 46 mile course) to go in the ULTRA GP back in June. That was using the stock tank on my 2002.

60 miles is a long way for a YZ!

In the summer, I ride a 50 mile loop and still have 1/3 of stock tank left. I think some of it has to do with rider weight as well. I've ridden with "larger" dudes who don't get near the fuel mileage that I do.

I just started paying attention and I'm getting about 35 mpg on my odometer when just putting around. It's a LOT less on track days.

Was that KTM oversize tank full when you guys started out?

We both topped off before we started.