Sign in to follow this  

motoz tires......no bueno

i'm not one to just outright bash a product on the internet. However, i have to say that i was really disappointed with motoz tires. I tried a set of the enduro IT tires. the rear hooked up pretty decent but once it got the slightest bit worn (about 3 hours) it would not bite at all. i quickly replaced it.

The front tire might have been the worst i have ever tried. the front end would push and tuck EVERYWHERE. i tried it all types of terrain. rooty rocky woods, loamy mx tracks, loamy single track, hard pack. i thought somebody was messing with my clickers when i wasnt looking. it wasnt even consistantly bad....it was all over the place. i was loosing the front in corners on my back yard mx track that i had hit 1000 times.

i finally replaced it, even though it was not worn, with a kenda milleville. man it was like night and day. i rode ncmp saturday both tracks and trails and it felt like the front end was glued. on a positive note...at least now i know it was the tire because i thought either my forks were fubar or i forgot how to ride!!!!

maybe the terrain is different over in oz? i have heard that motoz makes a good desert tire......but i'm in eastern VA. anyhow if you were considering these tires.....i'd think twice.

I'm trying one too but the test was interrupted by the crash with the bike. Next month I can go ahead at try again. The first ride yes they looked worn but the second it stopped. It is a smaller anyway. I'm trying to use a 100/90/19. Biggest problem seems to me that the Motorz has no knobbies on the side walls like the maxxi with I use normally.

I don't quite understand your reference to the terrian in Australia being different.

Not sure if you realise this or not but our island continent is roughly around the same size as The USA.

Therefore you would expect that there be many different types of terrian in Australia.

The tyres you speak of don't even look like they can half cut it on a real enduro or mx bike, outback touring maybe.

i'm not one to just outright bash a product on the internet. However, i have to say that i was really disappointed with motoz tires. I tried a set of the enduro IT tires. the rear hooked up pretty decent but once it got the slightest bit worn (about 3 hours) it would not bite at all. i quickly replaced it.

The front tire might have been the worst i have ever tried. the front end would push and tuck EVERYWHERE. i tried it all types of terrain. rooty rocky woods, loamy mx tracks, loamy single track, hard pack. i thought somebody was messing with my clickers when i wasnt looking. it wasnt even consistantly bad....it was all over the place. i was loosing the front in corners on my back yard mx track that i had hit 1000 times.

i finally replaced it, even though it was not worn, with a kenda milleville. man it was like night and day. i rode ncmp saturday both tracks and trails and it felt like the front end was glued. on a positive note...at least now i know it was the tire because i thought either my forks were fubar or i forgot how to ride!!!!

maybe the terrain is different over in oz? i have heard that motoz makes a good desert tire......but i'm in eastern VA. anyhow if you were considering these tires.....i'd think twice.

Get ahold of motosportz, he knows which motoz to buy. motosportz.com tires last forever too.

I don't quite understand your reference to the terrian in Australia being different.

Not sure if you realise this or not but our island continent is roughly around the same size as The USA.

Therefore you would expect that there be many different types of terrian in Australia.

The tyres you speak of don't even look like they can half cut it on a real enduro or mx bike, outback touring maybe.

i was being sarcastic about Australia. :ride:

i bought the IT tractionator enduro tire which is supposed to be perfect for east coast woods racing. we have varying terrain from hard pack clay, to loam, rocks, roots and everyhting in between. while i realize no tire is a "do it all" i could not get the front to hook up anywhere. i have never had a front tire perform that poorly. here is what i bought front and back.

http://www.motoz.com.au/shop_proddetails.asp?prodID=99

back to kenda millvilles for me :thumbsup:

My experience has been the exact opposite and I wont buy anything but Motoz for off road riding.

Enduro ST's, ultra heavy tubes and 8-9lbs pressure. Unreal traction here in the PNW mountains and they last forever.

Your experience with the Motoz Enduro IT's is exactly the same as mine except I ride nothing but desert! The only things I can add is that the rear started chunking and the front lost the outer knobs. I also got more pinch and puncture flats with them. I was very disappointed and doubt I will try them again.

Get ahold of motosportz, he knows which motoz to buy. motosportz.com tires last forever too.

Kelly is who I bought mine from and he recommended to me the Enduro IT's. Great service but the recommendation was way off.