Sign in to follow this  

what motor to build????

so obviously im new to the forum because im looking for second opinions on big bore and stroker choices. i have the option of building a 108 stroker 70 or a 114 big bore 110... my biggest question is which one will be more worth the money and have the upgrade in power im looking for, and also will a 108 have the amount of power the 114 will have?? any response on this would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

So you mean like a Honda 50 engine, built to be a 108cc vs a china 110 built to be a 114? The Honda is gonna have more power but the china engine is gonna have the 4 speed trans and the manual clutch and is gonna be cheaper to build.

Why not just buy a 150-160 engine and put it straight in, it will have the power you're after and great reliability and might work out to be about the same price as doin up a smaller engine.

i decided to go with the 108. because i figured if its too much for the guys i race with i can drop back down to the 88 class easily, and with the classes being 110 and under and 110 and over i would have been at a huge disadvantage only being able to have 114cc.

as for a 150-160 i run a 10 inch bike im not sure how good that would do with only a 10 out back?