what kind of oil does everyone use

Sorry if this has been discussed already but since im going to do my first oil change on the drz i just bought in a couple days i wanted to see what everyone runs. I have always ran amsoil 10w40 in all my quads and motorcycles that i have had. Anyone else running amsoil or whats everyones preference?

Or what is this silkolene brand that seems to be what alot of people are running? and is 10w40 a good oil weight or what? I have to look in the manual what it calls for but thats always been what i ran in everything i ever owned.

I used Suzuki brand 10W40 non-synthetic for a long time and never had any issues. I recently switched to Suzuki brand 15W50 full-synthetic to try and give the engine a little more cusion.

A lot of guys will suggest 15W50 since it's a little thicker. The DRZ is pretty good at breaking down oil viscosity on account of all the shearing action inside. Silkolene is good, as are a lot of brands. Just don't use car oil because they usually have friction inhibitors... and that's no bueno for a DRZ. ?

What npm said ^.

Good stuff. Been running it since I jumped into the drz forum. It's nice cause you can tell when the red oil becomes dirtier. It's also what Eddie recommends and pretty sure he wont steer us wrong. But there are alot of good oil out there just pick the right weight.

TT store oil change kit. No ands, ifs or buts...comes with all those little crush washers and o-rings you always think to yourself....I should be replacing these....Also the oil in the kit is totally endorsed by Eddie...the DRZ engine guru. Order it...and be done.

I recently bought a ’07 400S with 13K on the odometer. The previous owner took good care of it, but I’m still doing and engine clean with some Seafoam in the crankcase and gas. I’ll do a coupe flushes with about 800miles between changes. Right now I’m using dino Shell Rotella 10-40, but will switch to Amsoil been using for years) after the cleaning. Not sure whether to go 10W40 or 20W50. I’m in south Florida so cold weather is not an issue.