Sign in to follow this  

350, 450exc review from a yz guy

I have recently been lucky enough to get some seat time on a '11 & a '12 350sxf and also a '09 450 exc....I have always favored yamaha but jumped at the chance to check out these "exotic" bikes, theres no way they can be as good as my yz right???

(this was all on a mx track btw)

Wow, the 350 blew me away! I cannot believe how good of a bike it really is, the motor was outstanding, it cornered better than my '10 250f and the suspension was just as good if not better than my yamaha....I loved how it seemed to just keep pulling forever, the mid on up is great! the bottom is solid, not fierce but very solid, if you ride it like a 250f its a screamer! But the handling is what really impressed me...It's atop my wish list now for sure

the exc, for a non-mx bike sure makes a good mx bike! the super wide tranny makes it easy for a average rider/racer like me to get going! the suspension was a little soft but i think a small amount of work and this would make a great full blown mx bike that could off-road too...I was most surprised with its lightness in bermed corners, and the fact the motor has tons of muscle but wont rip your arms out of socket unless you tell it too, For a casual mx rider/racer or vet class guy like me, this is a great all around bike

KTM has moved themselves wayyyy up the food chain IMO, and it would be hard not to buy an orange bike the next time around (i'd probably stick with the 350 since i only do mx), anyone who was considering them just go ahead and pull the trigger, you wont regret it

I'll say it one more time, WOW i liked these KTM's!

yes i thought it turned very well, i didnt get to really push the suspension cause the track was smooth but it took the corners easily...i will eventually own one of them