jetting fcr brand new cams plse help!!

just got my stg 1 hot cams and TT fcr 39 mx at eh same time. iknow i should have just bought from eddie but hein sight is 20 20 right?

i have 3x3 mod done.

stg 1 hot cams

the tt fcr 39.

and mrd ssw full pen no silencer or arrestor.

iam at sea level in so cal.

all help would b awesome

jd blue needle 4th clip ,160 or maybe 162 main,stock pilot,extanded fuel screw 2 turns out is a good starting point,i have this set up on two e's that are stock and an s that is bb and hot cams.I run a 160 main in all,this set up works works good up to about 4 or 5000' hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

I have a simlar set up but am running the full FMF, will be the MRD soon. I have the 150 main installed at sea level. But it is not 100% right. Will the 150 jet cause the bike to bog down of the line and have a lot of decel popping? It will also cut off if you quickly twist the throttle to more than half way at idle.

I have a simlar set up but am running the full FMF, will be the MRD soon. I have the 150 main installed at sea level. But it is not 100% right. Will the 150 jet cause the bike to bog down of the line and have a lot of decel popping? It will also cut off if you quickly twist the throttle to more than half way at idle.

The 150mj won't be causing your bogging..have you done o ring mod ?..

Popping on decel is normal...Try turning your fuel screw out 1/8 th turn to help calm the pop..

Your jetting will be the same for ssw/mrd pipe..

What needle setting are you running?....

Sorry for the delayed response. I adjusted the AP timing screw and completely fixed the bogging down at takeoff and initial throttle. I have a tiny bit of surging at about 1/16 to 1/8 throttle. I will probably change out the slow air jet and add the 160 main to try to cut down on the decel popping. Craigo, thanks a lot for all the useful info.