Sign in to follow this  

Sad day yesterday

I put the final cleaning on my 300 yesterday, and fogged the engine to be put away until Spring. I hadn't even had a chance to ride it since early July either, which made it all the harder. But Deer season is upon us here in michigan and I don't have any venison in the freezer, so in storage it had to go. I ended up only putting about 15-18 hours on the bike this year, pitiful, I know, but considering I'd been able to ride every other weekend since July2008, I'm not going to complain about one down year.

God, I hope Spring comes quick and we have a mild winter so I can get out in March like I did in 2010. I may end up senaking down to the basement this winter, sitting on the bike and making braaap sounds with my mouth to fill the void.

Now to fill the freezer with a couple of deer, so i can take the next 2-3 Falls off from hunting to ride instead.

You should get a group of guys and do a combo trip. Road trip it to Cedartown Ga to Highland Park resort, and arrange a hunt. Lots of deer here and never too cold to ride!

You should get a group of guys and do a combo trip. Road trip it to Cedartown Ga to Highland Park resort, and arrange a hunt. Lots of deer here and never too cold to ride!

I don't like canned hunts. I prefer fair chase and to do my own scouting and setting up, it's just more rewarding to me.

I don't like canned hunts. I prefer fair chase and to do my own scouting and setting up, it's just more rewarding to me.

Highland Park is an awesome place to ride. KTM World is there. It's not a game farm. Went there twice last winter. Some of the best trails I have ridden.

Highland Park is an awesome place to ride. KTM World is there. It's not a game farm. Went there twice last winter. Some of the best trails I have ridden.

ahhhh, I thought it was one of those fenced in places for hunting.

I can't agree with you more but theres one last ride down in indiana in a couple weeks and the weather has been to shity to hunt anyways.

I can't agree with you more but theres one last ride down in indiana in a couple weeks and the weather has been to shity to hunt anyways.

I was going to ride last Saturday but the winds were so bad I had a fairly large branch come down in front of my house, rather not have that happen riding solo in the middle of nowhere. Glad nobody had it fall on them here too.

THe next free weekend I've got is the last weekend in Octiber and that's when the bucks start getting frisky. So, a hunting I will go, provided it's not windy as heck.

Don't put the bike away! rode yesterday starting at zero with all still water having a coat of ice, first time I've "lost" the front in a mountain stream (why couldn't I do that when it was warm?) after chasing my bike down stream, dragging it out, emptying my boots/cylinder/airbox/pipe of near freezing water, went on to one of the best rides of the year! Studs going on, grip heaters fixed and I'll be ridding most of the winter. Beats deer hunting (farmed or otherwise) by a long shot. If you're in the U.P. Don't you just open the door and the deer walk in and throw themselves into your freezer? Take the bike out and ride, you could double your yearly total by Nov.:thumbsup::ride:

I put the final cleaning on my 300 yesterday, and fogged the engine to be put away until Spring.

Dude that sucks :ride:

I'm looking forward to the Winter riding season here, I've gotten tired of the dust, kind of looking forward to riding in the sloppy, muddy, slick root infested mud puddles here in the Northwest :thumbsup:

Dude that sucks :ride:

I'm looking forward to the Winter riding season here, I've gotten tired of the dust, kind of looking forward to riding in the sloppy, muddy, slick root infested mud puddles here in the Northwest :thumbsup:

You must live on the west side or Tri cities. Here in Spokane it is getting time to put the bikes away. Will sneak to Juniper for a day or two this winter. Paddle up time :worthy:

Year around riding is one of the perks of living in Nor-Cal.

Winter is one of the best times to ride. The dust is gone.

The trails are damp with lots of epic riding. I can't wait for

The enduro this weekend.

You must live on the west side or Tri cities. Here in Spokane it is getting time to put the bikes away. Will sneak to Juniper for a day or two this winter. Paddle up time :ride:

Yup, I'm on the "wet side" :thumbsup: I make it to the East side a couple of times a year.

I put the final cleaning on my 300 yesterday, and fogged the engine to be put away until Spring. I hadn't even had a chance to ride it since early July either, which made it all the harder. But Deer season is upon us here in michigan and I don't have any venison in the freezer, so in storage it had to go. I ended up only putting about 15-18 hours on the bike this year, pitiful, I know, but considering I'd been able to ride every other weekend since July2008, I'm not going to complain about one down year.

God, I hope Spring comes quick and we have a mild winter so I can get out in March like I did in 2010. I may end up senaking down to the basement this winter, sitting on the bike and making braaap sounds with my mouth to fill the void.

Now to fill the freezer with a couple of deer, so i can take the next 2-3 Falls off from hunting to ride instead.

Just rode there sunday man, perfect weather perfect scenery, perfect traction, rode around St helen if my memory serves me correctly, got in about 65 - 70 miles. flew out from california to spend a day riding (had some family business - so I was in the neighborhood)

I bet you have 2 more weeks of good riding, and rifle season doesn't start fro a while - correct?

Just rode there sunday man, perfect weather perfect scenery, perfect traction, rode around St helen if my memory serves me correctly, got in about 65 - 70 miles. flew out from california to spend a day riding (had some family business - so I was in the neighborhood)

I bet you have 2 more weeks of good riding, and rifle season doesn't start fro a while - correct?

St Helen has a ton of riding, especially if you're plated. Our DS club has a ride there every October to get toys for the local poorer families. Every year is a great turnout and it couples a great ride with making a bunch of kids have a better Christmas than they would otherwise.

I bow hunt and have taken many more deer with the bow than gun. Bow season is about to start getting really good here. Last week of October and first week of November are some good times to be in the woods.:thumbsup:

Come to the south where you can hunt in the morning and ride all day. Georgia, Bama, and Tennessee have all to offer with hunting and riding year round. November is primetime for both and lots of places to do so. It would be a nice vacation and a chance to get out of the Tundra.

My two passions are deer hunting and riding. I'm always conflicted this time of year but manage to get some of both in. I'll be bowhunting Friday afternoon and riding Saturday morning. I'm generally done riding by early November then its pretty much hunting. Going to take the old 300 and tear it completely down this year......

You do know that I am now going to have to post pictures of me on my 300 riding all fall and winter now dont you???

lets start here. Loaded up (front right) and headed home from a weekend of trail trashing in that wind storm you didnt want to ride in :thumbsup:

299961_2073206760978_1569181793_31856370_321659406_n.jpg

You do know that I am now going to have to post pictures of me on my 300 riding all fall and winter now dont you???

lets start here. Loaded up (front right) and headed home from a weekend of trail trashing in that wind storm you didnt want to ride in :ride:

299961_2073206760978_1569181793_31856370_321659406_n.jpg

When I see a "man killing" sized branch come down in front of my house, I don't go into the woods. I tried hunting in winds like that in my younger days and it was hard to hold a bow steady when the tree you're in is swerving all around. Knowing my luck, I would be riding along, la la la la la, BAM branch falls and snaps my neck, me all alone in the middle of nowhere on a trail very few seem to ride with my shitty AT&T service. Naw, I elect to stay home.

As for winter, my 300 will never see a salty road, I only have an open trailer, not to mention I'd rather fall on soft sand, than frozen sand.:thumbsup: I've ridden in 33* drizzle, that doesn't bother me that much, but frozen ground can shread the crap out of you.