Sign in to follow this  

Supercross RC at the MEC

First off, I thought in general the MEC was a great event. Nice to have the old format with semi races back and the venue is far better than the MGM Grand. Would have been an ideal event had more top riders showed up. :ride:

As an RC fan I always like to see him take part as race commentator/analyst. Over the past couple years I thought he went over the top with the Dungey butt kissing and I attributed it to his Suzuki affiliation. But listening to him and reading between the lines while I watched the MEC, I thought it was humorous that he kept saying that RD has to learn to be more aggressive, I guess he's not the boy wonder now that he's not on yellow. Then his comments regarding the KTM were funny as well, saying that he really doesnt know much about that bike and such, the way he said it left me thinking that he was tactfully trashing the brand.

RC did have a good quote though, "If you can't win it, wreck someone who can."

All in all it's good to have a one off event not related to the SX or MX series. I hope this year's event was the first of many more. Good job RV2. :thumbsup:

"If you can't win, wreck someone that can."

RC gave credit to a NASCAR driver for teaching him that one.

I think it was Ron Hornaday.

RC claimed to be a ping pong ball back in the day, but he doesn't have a rep at a dirty rider. I think he put a French rider into the hay bales at Hangtown.

While commentating on the races, you could see he was re-evaluating the track and saw that there were not enough passing lines. He should sketch up next year's track design now. Probably make the track wider, fewer jumps and turns.

RC was having fun and I thought I heard him make a comment to the effect that he was pulling for RD at one point, like "C'mon Ryan" when Ryan was trying to get around another racer.

In my opinion RC is a much-much better rider than commentator and he was throwing some undertoned negative comments toward KTM. Emig seems to be the one I would prefer to listen to from these three any day. Ralph is just f'n stupid, RC seems to only want to praise whomever is riding Suzuki's and pats his own back a lot and JE seems to want to report what's going on out in the track.

Dear SPEED. Get rid of Lumpy & Frumpy and bring on someone like Bailey to help Emig out. Thankyou

I think RC does a good job. By no means is he a professional commentator, but he adds some spice to the commentation in my opinion. He did seem to undermine the KTM, which wasn't cool but I don't really think it was intentional. Emig has improved BIG TIME the past few years and is without a doubt the backbone of the group of commentators. He speaks well for the most part and knows what he's talking about. As for Ralph, he does good for what he is, that being someone who is familiar with commentation, but not so familiar with MX/SX. He does good to fill the gaps when nothing is happening, which is good for the general public but not so good for the MX/SX aficionados. Erin Bates is the weakest link in the whole chain in my opinion. She just seems to do nothing but annoy the riders for the most part.

Edited by Salt n Pepper
gr

Oh yea, Jason Weigant(sp) is a great commentator. I really enjoy listening to him and Emig together. If it were me I would ditch either Ralph or Erin, probably Erin, and pick up JW.

"If you can't win, wreck someone that can."

RC gave credit to a NASCAR driver for teaching him that one.

I think it was Ron Hornaday.

RC claimed to be a ping pong ball back in the day, but he doesn't have a rep at a dirty rider. I think he put a French rider into the hay bales at Hangtown.

While commentating on the races, you could see he was re-evaluating the track and saw that there were not enough passing lines. He should sketch up next year's track design now. Probably make the track wider, fewer jumps and turns.

That was the dumbest thing I ever heard from RC.

• Like 1

My friend sent me a text message in the 1st half hr of the MEC cup saying "wow Carmichael's a dick." And I have to agree to a certain extent. After being an RC fan when I was younger I've sure noticed a different light of him lately. I'm sure it's the NASCAR, but saying "wreck someone who can" is just not cool IMO. Race hard but race fair as I see it. Also noticed how Shaheen thought RC was awesome for saying that, and Fro just kinda kept his mouth shut. haha!

My friend sent me a text message in the 1st half hr of the MEC cup saying "wow Carmichael's a dick." And I have to agree to a certain extent. After being an RC fan when I was younger I've sure noticed a different light of him lately. I'm sure it's the NASCAR, but saying "wreck someone who can" is just not cool IMO. Race hard but race fair as I see it. Also noticed how Shaheen thought RC was awesome for saying that, and Fro just kinda kept his mouth shut. haha!

You guys know he didn't actually mean that right? How many times did you see RC make someone crash, he got close to Stewart a few times but Stewart usually wrecked himself.

It's a euphemism for; Don't lay down and allow everyone by you. Put up a fight and race.

:thumbsup: Dummies.

I think it would be cool to see them bring in a "special" guest analyst each race. Someone different each time just to get their point of view on todays races and racers. Could you imagine the things that might be said if guys like Bob Hannah, Jimmy Weigart, Rick Johnson, etc, etc? I love hearing real racers point of views, not someone who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the wall....

On that note, I do like Fro and RC in the booth. I think they have good insight. Just wish sometimes they would say what they are actually thinking!

You guys know he didn't actually mean that right? How many times did you see RC make someone crash, he got close to Stewart a few times but Stewart usually wrecked himself.

I think he did, I think NASCAR changed him. He sure like to wreck in that sport alot.

weggie was interviewed for it but was told no. they used him for the mx but ralph won the sx job. i for one would love to see weegie do it. jeff is good but when he explains things he pauses and uses the word OK to think about he next thought. drives me nuts!