Sign in to follow this  

2002 vor 530en

i dont have one yet, but might have the opportunity very soon. ive searched and seen a few posts here and there but nothing too recent. parts? still just pure luck to get these or is there any place that has a good selection? ive had an ATK a few years ago, and dealt with motoxotica and had no problems there, how are they on VOR parts? i hear these bikes are very reliable, and good power bikes.

so the current VOR owners, do you guys still ride them? ive seen several comments on people not riding them for fear of breaking something. ever since i had to sell my ATK ive had the urge to get another good dual sport bike. has anyone had both an ATK and VOR? experience?

i dont mind not having most parts at the local dealer, and ive done my fair share of part hunting and working on bikes myself with the ATK and some old vintage racers i have. but i dont want to have a bike down because a clutch went bad and there are ZERO replacement options.

I think your best bet is to get in touch with Dan at Motoxotica and ask. He use to sell them at one point and I believe he still services them. If anybody would know the parts availability, it would be him.

BBdirtbiking - i got your PM. im still on the fence on the bike. saw some pics of it, just havent got back to the seller with an answer yet. its in really good shape, and its a mike ahola replica. was that a factory option or just some aftermarket marketing campaign? whats the difference with those compared to the normal 530EN? bike has trail tech computer, GPR stabilizer and seems to be well taken care of. comes with a few extra body parts. only thing is i would want to ride it here and there, but it doesnt have a skid plate. am i going to build one myself or does anyone know if a skid plate from another bike fit the frame?

i had an ATK for awhile, and thought that it was pretty exotic, but the VOR may take it to a whole new level.

ATK is mainstream compared to VOR, haha.

I have no clue about the Mika Ahola bikes... As far as a skid plate goes, take some measurements from other bikes and see what skid plate options those have and get something close. The big problem is mounting, that will have to be custom most likely.

As far as my VOR goes, I'd rather make it a Supermoto than the dirt beast that it is, a GPR stabilizer would be nice on mine and something to dampen the vibration through the handlebars as I mentioned that it makes me unable to ride due to the pain in my wrists. I now have thoughts in my head about making my 450 a supermoto, damn haha.

Take the bike for a ride though, everyone who has ridden mine has been VERY impressed at the feel, it is really an incredible bike.

im not too concerned about vibrations, i have a KX500 that im looking to part ways with. i dont think bikes can vibrate much worse than that one did. i really liked the 500 and im not getting rid of it because of the vibrations.

im kind of afraid to take the VOR for a spin at the moment. not sure about you guys, but if it looks cool, seems to be powerful enough to get me into trouble, my brain shuts down and i just hand over my wallet and forget everything i learned about the bike. :thumbsup:

Mike Ahola replica have a no e-start engine to be lighter.

I love it.

Alessandro