Sign in to follow this  

09+ with Magura clutch?

I bought one and put it on my new 11 and it worked great with the clutch pack mod for 1hr. All the fluid leaked out from the slave cylinder and I couldnt ride after...maybe I installed it wrong? Anyone have this happen? Can someone post a pic of how they installed theirs? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Mine works great and is probably the best thing I've installed on my 2011, sounds like you got a defective one. The install is very basic and you shouldnt have to crack the system open since it comes with fluids and ready to install. The only thing I added was an extra heat proof wrapping where the line is closest to the exaust pipe.

Is your stock clutch cable really stiff? Mine felt like the cable was 20 years old and had never been lubed after 20hrs.

Dav,

Call Buck or Peter @ Magura USA, they can help you get your slave cylinder seal reseated...That's what caused the juice to leak !

hi! if i install hydraulic clutch in crf450 2012, do i need prox rod to make it perfect?

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure the hydraulic line didn't burn on the exhaust? because that's the most common problem. I've never heard of the cylinder leaking out. not that it can't happen though.

If it did burn, just make sure you ty-wrap it to the intake boot next time.

The line isnt burned...it is tie-wrapped out of the way. All the fluid was on the case under the slave cylinder.

Simple install....best thing I have purchased for my 2011'. I do have an after market push rod installed as well as stiffer clutch springs, was trying to get the stock clutch working. This weekend at the track I pulled the lever on a guys 450 with new Hinson 6 spring, I should have just went the Hinson route and been done with it. It was soft as butter the pull on the lever.