Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 SM tube sizes

Greetings, I bought a 2007 DRZ 400SM from a good friend, he was running Bridgestone BT-016 tires that are now shredded. I ordered a set of Avon Distanzia SuperMoto tires (150/60 HR17 & 120/70 HR17) for doing a little fire road blast now and then. My problem is finding someone who has heavy duty tubes for this tire size (I'm using heavy duty, not extra heavy duty!). Can anyone on the Thumper Wide Web help me to locate the correct sizes (I have read that you should use 1 size smaller tube when using heavy tubes), and a reputable online dealer?

Thank you!

Best source of tubes I have found for 17" rims is OEM Suzuki. I personally don't like heavy duty or extra heavy duty tubes and do not use them anyplace. I think you will find the OEM Suzuki tubes to be very good. As for sizes, heavy duty tubes have less size compatibility, not more. All tubes have a size range. The tire size should be included in the tube size range.

Thanx Noble, I ordered a set of Bridgestone tubes in the correct size from a local dealer today, his cataloge (Tucker Rocky I think) had all of the sizes listed, unlike many of the online stores.

Thans again!