Sign in to follow this  

tuggers

I have the Tuggers front and rear. Sprung the few bucks extra for custom embroidery. They work well when needed and the customization sets mine apart a little.

I have seen many that folks made themselves. All it takes is an old strap.

I have the Tugger strap on the rear of mine.

Ruffrider005 I've always picked up straping from your local supply store, you know the tiedown stuff. You can go lazy, poke holes on your length burn the edges with a lighter or "high-tech" and actually double it over and sew. Either way is usually way tougher than namebrands and you have the advantage of making it just for you! Not to big a loop, and not too small... Just right.

Tuggers have elastic that keeps it close tp the fender so you don't catch a boot or something on it.

about to buy a rear tug strap for my xc, wanted to know if you guys run tugger or ktm hardparts brand?

What about the aluminum handles sold for the subframe? I forget but I think dicks racing?..or both strap and alum. handle... tuggers or whatever strap for the front.. I think you can check animalhandles too if I am not mistaken. I have animalhandles for my cr on the rear and it is night and day better than tuggers...better placement and better leverage. It kind of protects the seat a bit more too.

http://www.animalhandles.com/

http://www.dicksracing.com/motorcycle_specialty_parts/04-010_ktm_lift_handle

I've got front and rear tuggers and have had to use them both on occasion. I only wish I had come up with the idea first. So simple of solution to a common problem.:thumbsup:

What.. you don't like grabbing on to the subframe with your riding glove and come out with a handful of slick muck???

It gives a whole new dimension to Whisky Throttle :ride:

I have a tugger on the front of mine. But it always slides down the forks. Cant seem to get it to stay even after tightening the strap. Any install tips?

I have a tugger on the front of mine. But it always slides down the forks. Cant seem to get it to stay even after tightening the strap. Any install tips?

My front slide down till the strap hits the top of fender and then there it stays until I need it...

Just a thought on the rear tugger. Never had one but have seen them in use by others on a ride. I grab the rear fender and lift from there. Lifting from the top of the fender, plus the length of strap puts your arm in a higher, less leverage position. Never had one. Any input from those with experience?

I saw someone post they have elastic, which is good, because I'd be woried about catching a boot jumping back on after failed climbs.

The front is great if you have a helper. My friends are from the "I got through" school of thought. Very rare they are pulling me.

While certainly want the Tugger business to succeed, I made my own for about $2. A rear tugger type strap is a necessity on my 09 as the subframe does not protrude far enough out the back to get a grip on - meaning that if you try to pull the rear of the bike up you'll rip the fender off. Not the case however with my 07 as the subframe is "grabbable" along with the rear fender.

Just a thought on the rear tugger. Never had one but have seen them in use by others on a ride. I grab the rear fender and lift from there. Lifting from the top of the fender, plus the length of strap puts your arm in a higher, less leverage position. Never had one. Any input from those with experience?

I saw someone post they have elastic, which is good, because I'd be woried about catching a boot jumping back on after failed climbs.

The front is great if you have a helper. My friends are from the "I got through" school of thought. Very rare they are pulling me.

That's why the side hand solid bar or animal handle is way better and solid not flexible. The leverage is much higher with the tugger. It is better than not having one but the animalhandle type bar or the side bar makes it way easier. The thing is I don't see anyone out riding with either of these 2 mods. I'm not totally sure now.. I think there was a mag article with malcolm smiths ktm that had a dicksracing side handle. In any case the handle for my cr is the best way to deal with handle lifting the back of the bike. I know others around here cut the side plates(for honda and yz's at least) so the subframe is open to stick your hand in to carry. I'll have to look at what the ktm guys do again in some vids and get back to you all .

These guys cut off the rear number plates at the subframe level to carry. I guess sometimes just grabbing the pipe for the right side . Check about

1:20 .

Guys cut the same way here for the hondas and yammies:

You can see the animal handle on my cr at around :12. I didn't want to cut my side number plates...plus more a little more mud flies up when it's cut

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I really like the animal handle idea. Too bad they don't have one for the newer KTM's with the seat bolt under the rear fender.

There should be another alternative that maybe has to be designed and made. The tugger style is better than not having one and it's easy and relatively cheap. I do not think that the animal handles look that nice but the leverage and solid feel and position is awesome. When you are stuck in mud in the middle of nowhere looks are secondary. I have seen some guys putting tugger style straps on the rear subframe. The leverage is better I would think but I don't know how it would work compared to the dicks racing handle. That's the best I've seen so far. I have always thought for such a great bike the new 2 stroke ktm rear grab area does seem problematic for grabbing. The tugger style is good to go. I would do that first and try to figure out a better way while having the strap there . Maybe that's good enough for whoever's needs. It kind of irritated me until I got the animal handles.