Sign in to follow this  

Kill switch and almost over the bars at 50

Riding along and my butt starts to hurt. I'll just stand up and rearrange the things in my jeans. I've done it many times, even modified my bars and foot pegs so it's easier to do. Next thing I know while leaning forward in anticipation of 50mph wind, the engine died

Big fat me said hello the the front fender. "This can't be good" the non-riding part of my brain said. The riding part that has kept me alive over a 1/2 million miles agreed. Hook your ankles on the foot pegs said part of my brain. The other part said $%it they folded up. The hanging things that normally get me into trouble said "grip your thighs together and protect us" That removed my weight from the kill switch, guess it didn't push in far enough to lock in the off position. And I got my fat butt back on the seat.

Be careful, while standing and leaning forward your right thigh can hit the kill switch......Don't ask me how I know.

Never thought about it, thanks for the heads up (wish I was 50 again AND new what I know now.:thumbsup:)

Glad you are ok!

Wonder if a simple mod could be done to make it a momentary switch and not a constant switch? might have to try to take apart the housing and see for my self..