Sign in to follow this  

How to get throttle to snap back faster?

I had a thread on this before but did not really get a solution and now if I can I really wanna fix this On my 2007 I want the throttle to snap back fast like on a 2012. Is this possible? Someone mentioned a tokoyo mods spring but that seems to just make less tension. There is the correct amount of freeplay in the cable btw

Have you taken the carb apart and cleaned it? I would start there? I've had race gas leave a little white paste on a slide before the efi bikes I've been riding.

Is your throttle tube binding on the bar? Is it crushed Ot maybe needs to be slide outward a mm or 2?

the housing where the cables connect to the throttle tube tends to pack with well i cant explain it.. not mudd...just nasty shit lol clean that out and lube it up with some wd40 or cable lube. make sure you check that your cables are moving freely as well when you have it apart if not it may be time for some new cables or a dirty carb slide.

everything is clean. It snamps back fast but not as fast as other bikes. I felt someones 08 and it was exactly the same as mine. I just want it faster.

Big fat FCR slide will never feel like a throttle body butterfly. If you want it to feel like a '12, you'll need to retrofit EFI.

a few companies make different throttle housing with adjustable pull speeds. you might want to check into it i believe it is motion pro. that has a pretty high dollar one you can always wind the spring tighter but that will make it pull harder.