Sign in to follow this  

FMF RC 4.1 (OR) P.C. Ti5

If money wasn't an object...which one would you pick as the ultimate pipe to have on your bike? (Yes I know Factory Kawasaki uses FMF on R.V.'s bike).

MX-Action described P.C.'s pipe as moving/ increasing the horsepower in the later RPM's to make the roll on power easier.

I assume both pipes save around 3.5-4lbs off of the stocker (with Ti obviously).

I have not ridden the rct or ti5 on a kx450f yet.

But I got to ride back to back to back an fmf 4.1, pc ti4, and yosh.

The fmf felt the quickest at the time with the most seeming hit.

The yosh was loud, seemed like smooth, good gains, and the pc seemed to tame the hit, and rev out well, and was "quieter" to the ear. For lap times I think I would choose the pc - I'd bet on the dyno it took away quite a bit of power down low...as it was very smooth.

but for power the fmf or yosh seemed excellent.

All I can speak for at the moment is the FMF Factory 4.1 RCT and megabomb system on my 2012 kx450f.

It is one hell of a pipe. You can feel the bike breathe better, more over rev and broader power across the the board.

I am actually riding a 2012 Kawi 450 this weekend with the pro circuit fitted. So I will let you know soon what is good...

All I can speak for at the moment is the FMF Factory 4.1 RCT and megabomb system on my 2012 kx450f.

It is one hell of a pipe. You can feel the bike breathe better, more over rev and broader power across the the board.

I am actually riding a 2012 Kawi 450 this weekend with the pro circuit fitted. So I will let you know soon what is good...

Awesome let me know! I was actually leaning a little towards the P.C. just for the simple fact that it kept the power band the same, however added horse power up tope (more over rev, etc). I know the FMF is a great pipe, but I'm looking at whats going to improve my lap times overall. :thumbsup:

I would get the one I could get the cheapest. I am not fast enough to know the difference. I never even rode with my stock exhaust because I had a DRD when I bought the bike. I like my DRD. A lot of riders on here prefer the MRD and they are a pretty good deal also. I would have went with the FMF if I did not get such a great deal on my DRD.

I'm thinking of buying FMF RC. It looks realy good and seams perform very well.... But a dumb question..

Does the megabomb header melt your boots? =) It doesn't have a heat shield like stock or akrapovic..

I'm thinking of buying FMF RC. It looks realy good and seams perform very well.... But a dumb question..

Does the megabomb header melt your boots? =) It doesn't have a heat shield like stock or akrapovic..

According to a few magazine reviews it has the possibility of melting gear (The power bomb header). I REALLY want a pipe for the '12 (although I really don't need it). The stock power is phenomenal, and I'm afraid with the FMF RCT it will be too much of an arm stretcher over a long moto. MXA says the PC Ti 5 system adds H.P. top and bottom, but makes the same as stock everywhere else (also shaving close to 3-4lbs off of the stocker). I'm interested in the P.C. Ti 5 because I want the bike to be smooth and have good roll on power.

FMF Retails for - $899

P.C. Ti5 Retails for- $999

Still up in the air though....ughhh.....

My review of the 2012 fmf rct 4.1 w megabomb with AMA insert and without it.

First off rode with the insert sheesh talk about mellow had to feather clutch to get it pulling in fact this would require a tooth up on my rear sprocket ,Ecu remap might help i don't know I am inquiring with fmf about mapping.

Then I popped out snap ring removed ama spark arestor and rode more. the rct fmf has a broad feel no joke it smooths out the power and not in a bad way it's still there it's just not as jerky as stock.felt more power transition from low to mid .in no way is it lights out more power over stock .it does seems to make the hp more manageable with hints of more power.

Bottom line shaved 3.6 pounds off heavy kawi made a broader smother hit no more jerky transition in hit.down side is sound with out insert its just about as loud as stock .

Hoping someone will post up a review of there pro circuit ti 5 on a 2012 450kawi with AMA legal setup

Edited by 275-450
Sp

According to a few magazine reviews it has the possibility of melting gear (The power bomb header).

Megabomb actually (although, I'm sure the Powerbomb is equally as prone to burning gear). The Megabomb is much larger in diameter where the expansin chamber part is. I can attest to it's gear burning power. I've destroyed a couple pants. It's hard to do on a motocross track unless you tip over or something, but I've burned them off-road because your legs go in all sorts of different directions, especially in really technical stuff.

I can't say for certain what the difference in power gains are with the PC pipe. I have the 4.1 w/ Megabomb header and my bike is a rocket ship. Of course, the real key to getting the most performance out of your bike is the ECU. Mine is remapped. A pipe and header will only make a marginal difference. You really need to tweak the mapping to get the most out of the motor.

Crazy not to bid on the eBay one for 350

I have a lot of people interested, but no buyers yet. That ebay ad might get pulled before its supposed to end tomorrow. I got an awesome "will you take 150" message from ebay earlier today... My response? "Not a chance."